As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through July 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Before beginning the steps below, confirm that a GL Account Number has been assigned to “Bad Debt Account” on the GL Defaults List. If you have any questions regarding this system parameter setting, please contact your Veracross account manager for assistance.
To write off an unpaid AR Invoice Item, perform the following steps:
- On the Accounts Receivable homepage, locate the invoice by running a report or query with criteria that will cause the invoice to be included in the results.
- Click on the Invoice Number to open the detail display of the invoice.
- Locate the item to be written off and click on the item “detail” icon.
- Once on the invoice item detail, click in its “General Ledger” tab.
- Enter a “Tent. Adj. Date:” (typically around the current date).
- Select the Reason, “Write-off”.
- Press the “Update AR Invoice Item” button.
- Close the invoice item detail, and return to the AR Invoice Header.
- Press the “Update AR Invoice Header” button.
- A new unposted line item is created (note that it reflects a zero $ amount).
- Click on this new item’s “detail” and view the amount that appears in the “Write Off Amount” box.
- After confirming that all looks good, click on the Action button and select the option “Post Invoice/Items”
- Review the invoice and the JE generated by posting operation to confirm all looks good.
Please watch the video below demonstrating How to Write Off an AR Item by clicking directly on the screen. You can make the video larger by clicking on the Full-screen button.