As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
If a parent becomes a teacher, you need to update their user account so that they can access the faculty portal. To do this:
- Navigate to the 'Find User Accounts' query on the System homepage.
- Query the person and — in the query results — click the 'Security Admin' link.
- Run the *Convert Parent Account to Staff Account* procedure from the Action menu.
- Ensure that the person has the 'Faculty' security role on the Security Roles tab.
You should also double check their portal membership:
- Portal Admin homepage > Faculty Portal > Membership (Enabled) tab.
- If they aren't enabled, check the "Disabled" tab and flip their status to "Enabled."
- If they were automatically added as "Disabled," it means that the default membership role is disabled, which you can check on the General tab of the portal record.