As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
Username conventions are the format that user accounts are given for each security role. These conventions are set up using merge fields listed in this article. Depending on what role a person has at a school, you may want to set a username convention differently than other Veracross users. You can view/edit username conventions for constituents in the database from the Security Roles query on the System homepage. To change username conventions, you must have a Sys_Admin1 security role.
To change a username convention:
- Double click into the Primary Username Convention or Secondary Username Convention field.
- Primary Username Conventions are the default convention for user accounts created with each security role.
- Secondary Username Conventions are used if the primary username convention creates a username that is already in use.
- For most circumstances, you will only need to set a primary username convention. In cases where there is no secondary username convention set and a duplicate username is created, the system instead appends a number to the end of the username.
- Update the convention. Review the list of acceptable merge fields for usernames here.
- Select the Update Records button.