Username conventions are the format that user accounts are given for each security role. These conventions are set up using merge fields listed in this article. Depending on what role a person has at a school, you may want to set a username convention differently than other Veracross users. You can view/edit username conventions for constituents in the database from the Security Roles query on the System homepage. To change username conventions, you must have a Sys_Admin1 security role.
To change a username convention:
- Double click into the Primary Username Convention or Secondary Username Convention field.
- Primary Username Conventions are the default convention for user accounts created with each security role.
- Secondary Username Conventions are used if the primary username convention creates a username that is already in use.
- For most circumstances, you will only need to set a primary username convention. In cases where there is no secondary username convention set and a duplicate username is created, the system instead appends a number to the end of the username.
- Update the convention. Review the list of acceptable merge fields for usernames here.
- Select the Update Records button.