When people get married, how do I manage their constituent, household, and person records?

When individuals with existing person and household records get married, there are two steps you need to take to manage how their records are affected:

  1. Update their person records to set the relationship between the individuals to Husband/Wife or Spouse.
  2. Update the household record for the spouse to move them into the Head of Household’s household record.

Once the overnight scripts run, the system processes the remaining updates to set the Marital Status and Spouse on each record. 

Development 3 Considerations

This procedure also applies to constituent records if your school has Development 3 enabled. This process moves the spouse into the Head of Household constituent record and removes the individual’s constituent and household records.