As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
In basic terms, an Application Programming Interface (API) defines the request of data from one software to another. Veracross clients can allow some 3rd party platforms to request data directly from their school's database through an API feed.
To setup an API feed:
- Contact your Account Manager to confirm that the data you are looking to push out of Veracross is available in an API feed.
- Submit a ticket to Veracross support for the API credentials. Include:
- the name of the company that will be receiving the API feed
- contact information for that company
- If Veracross has not previously setup API credentials for that company, additional information may be required
- Once the API credentials exist, your Account Manager will share them through a secure channel of your choosing.
- Take the username and password provided by Veracross and use them to create the URL. API URLs are not generated by Veracross staff, a user as the school will have to configure the API parameters.
- Once the API URL is complete, send the URL to the 3rd Party and you're ready to go.