If you've already run the Start School Year procedure but then realize that you need to adjust you school start date, there are four places you will need to update this date:
Grading Periods Query
The Grading Period Begin Date fields must be updated for the ALL grading period and any other grading periods that begin on the first day of school. After these dates are adjusted, be sure to click the Update Records button to save your changes.
Begin Date for Classes
To find a query of all classes that you will need to batch update the "Begin Date" for, perform the following steps:
- Run a Find Classes query from a school-level specific or System homepage.
- Apply the following criteria to the Begin Date field:
- "date is" the original first date of school date
- Run the query.
- Click on the Action menu and select the "Batch Update Records" procedure.
- Select the Begin Date field in the drop-down list and then set the value as the new start of school date.
- Run the procedure.
Update the "First Day of School" Group Event
Search for the first day of school group event by performing the following steps:
- Open a Find Group Events query
- Set the following criteria to the Event Type field:
- "is one of" First Day of School
- Run the query, then click into the event record.
- Update the Start Date field to the new start of the school year.
Check the rotation calendar to make sure that everything is appearing as you'd expect. Things you should look for include:
- the "First Day of School" event is on the correct day
- the rotation days are behaving as you'd expect