As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
When adjusting rubric criteria for courses, it is important that you follow the correct steps to preserve historic data and set up your new rubric criteria properly.
Prior to beginning this process, it is important to understand that you should not delete the actual rubric criteria records because these are tied to historical records and would also delete them from any historical report cards.
Follow these steps to set up new rubric criteria:
- Navigate to the course record and remove the criteria from the Qualitative Grading tab by clicking the red X next to each criteria.
- Deleting the criteria from here does not delete the actual rubric criteria record but instead deletes the connection between the course and the criteria.
- If you are making these updates in the middle of the year, delete the grade records that have already been generated for the criteria that you are removing.
- Once the old criteria are removed from the courses, create the new rubric criteria via the+Add menu on the System homepage.
- Add the new criteria to the course records using the Add Record... button on the Qualitative Grading tab or using the Qualitative Configuration Tool.
- Run the Create Missing Grade Records procedure on the System homepage to generate new grade records for the new criteria.