Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community.
As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
- On the Cash Processing homepage, open the link titled Disbursement Header Listing.
- Enter query criteria that will result in the presentation of the check to be voided and run the query.
- From the Results grid, locate the check, and click directly on the check number. This will cause the check’s detail screen to be presented.
- Click on the “General Ledger / Adjust” tab.
- In the “Tent. Adj Type” field, select the “Cancel” option from the drop-down list.
- In the “Tent. Adj Date” field, specify the date to which the voiding journal entry should be posted.
- When satisfied that the appropriate Adj. Type and Adj. Date have been specified; click the “Update” button.
- The system will create one new reversing item for each original item associated with the disbursement. The disbursement itself will be marked as “void”. The system will also create and post a journal entry to debit the original cash account and credit the general ledger account(s) debited by the original disbursement.
- If one or more of the original disbursement item shad been applied to AP invoices, the system will also reduce the amounts paid for those invoices.