As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through March 31, 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
- From the Cash Processing homepage, open the Disbursement Header Listing query and specify criteria designed to retrieve the Disbursement you wish to void.
- Execute the query; identify the desired Disbursement Header, and click on “Disb Header” label to open that disbursement’s detail display.
- Click on the General Ledger / Adjust tab presented on that display.
- In the “Tent. Adj Type” field, select the Cancel option.
- In the “Tent. Adj Date” field, specify the date to which the voiding journal entry should be posted.
- Click on the Update button to save the changes.
- The system will immediately create one, new reversing item for each original items associated with the disbursement. The disbursement itself will be marked as “void”.
- The system will also create and POST a journal entry to debit the original cash account and credit the general ledger account(s) debited from the original disbursement items.
Note: the newly created Disbursement Item(s) will have the “JE Ref #” populated with the number of the resulting journal entry. Click on that number to open the Journal Entry, and review the results to confirm that all appears as it should (correct GL accounts, date, etc).
Please watch the video above demonstrating how to Void a Cash Disbursement, by clicking directly on the screen. You can make the video larger by clicking on the Fullscreen button.