Note: To correct the GL Account used on an AP Invoice, the system "transfers" the amounts between the GL Accounts when you execute the following. This process may be used to correct an invoice that was posted to the wrong GL account both before or after the invoice has been paid.
- Go to the Accounts Payable homepage.
- Under the General section, click on AP Invoice Header Listing query.
- Either enter the desired Invoice Number into the query and Run Query or Run Query to scroll through all available invoice headers and click on the Invoice Number whose item(s) need the corrected GL account(s).
- In the Items section below the Header click on the Item No. that needs a corrected GL account.
- Click on the Adjust tab on the left.
- Select the appropriate Temp Adj. Reason from the pick list: Transfer: Different GL
- Select the Temp Adj. Date
- Populate "To Amount" if a portion of the amount should be transferred, otherwise, leave blank and the full amount will be transferred.
- Select the correct To DR GL Account
- Click Update.
- When you click Update, the adjustment data items disappear from this tab and new items are created.
- Click the Header tab to see the old and new line items.
- Post the new AP Invoice Item via the Post AP Invoices link on the Accounts Payable homepage.