The Demographic checklist item widget is used to tie the completion of several system forms about a candidate's family (primarily parents) to a checklist item.
The Demographic Sections Detail Category
The configuration for the new functionality is managed using this new detail category available on the Registration Season Type record. There is a line item record for each of the sections, allowing you to configure each of them independently.
- Portal Description: Controls the text displayed on the widget when viewed in the checklist as well as the tabs within the demographic forms interface.
- Display: Toggles the display/use of the section.
- Requirement Type: Designates the number of records (forms completed) the portal user must enter in order for the confirm button to be available to them.
- Optional: This section does not have a requirement for the number of submissions that must exist and can be marked complete without a submission.
- Require one record per household: One form submission must exist for each household in order for the confirm button to be activated.
- Require one record per parent/guardian: One form submission must exist for each parent/guardian in order for the confirm button to be activated.
- Button Label: Confirm: Controls the text displayed on the confirm button for the section.
- Button Message: Confirm: Controls the text displayed above the confirm button within the confirmation banner.
- Sort Key: Designates the order in which sections are displayed on the widget when viewed in the checklist as well as the tabs within the demographic forms interface.
The Demographic Section Detail
The demographic section detail screen.
Drilling down into a specific section from the demographic sections detail category gives you access to the demographic section detail screen. From this screen, you can control all of the settings available on the previous screen as well as some additional labels.
- Icon: Controls the icon displayed (default icons are used if field is blank).
- Button Label: ADD: Controls the text displayed on the add record button for records in the section.
- Button Label: UPDATE: Controls the text displayed on the update record button for records in the section.
- Help Text: Controls the text displayed at the top of the section providing the portal user with guidance on interacting with the section.
The Portal Interface
There are a number of visual changes within the portal to be aware of - here are the basics:
- Section completion checkboxes on the widget: Users now see a visual indicator for sections they have completed right from the checklist.
- Configurable text and icons for section descriptions: You now have the ability to configure these.
- Calculated completion: The completion of this checklist item is now calculated based on completion of the sections you designate - no more single button completion.
- Help text & confirm messaging: You now have the ability to configure help text, confirmation button message text, and confirmation button labels to guide portal users.
- Additional button labels: You now have expanded control of button text used throughout the interface.