As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through July 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
System Parameters are a set of queryable values determined by both the client and Veracross which are utilized in a variety of locations throughout Axiom. To access all available System Parameters, navigate to the System homepage and click on “System Parameters” in the System Configuration section located toward the top of the right column. This article details the overall layout of the System Parameters screen, the differences between public and user values, and some examples.
System Parameter Screen
The System Parameters query displays several fields (columns):
- Category: general guidelines used for grouping similar parameters together, e.g., module types (Admissions) or topics (Grades). Note that the default System Parameters query does not include parameters from the Accounting, Dynamic, or Date/Time categories. To see these categories, design the query to include them.
- Description: the parameter name that the system recognizes. In the query, the description is also a link to the Detail Screen of that particular parameter.
- Public Value: the value that this specific parameter is currently set to for the entire system. This field will be populated by a value specific to that parameter. For example, a parameter may be a date that should be in the YYYY-MM-DD format or a yes/no binary value that is 0 or 1. This value is changed in the Parameter Detail Screen.
- User Value: the value that this specific parameter is currently set to for the user that is logged in. The same rules that apply to the Public Value also apply to the User Value, but this value is typically used for troubleshooting purposes. This value is changed in the Parameter Detail Screen.
- Notes: a text field that is populated from the Notes field inside the Parameter Detail Screen. Examples of how these are used include elaborating on what the parameter is used for or defining what values should be used in the Public/User Value fields.
Parameter Detail Screen
Click on the linked description of a parameter to view its detail screen. Edit the public or user value on the General tab and notes on the Notes tab as needed, and click Update to confirm changes. These changes will immediately take effect. Click the Audit Log link in the upper right corner to see a history of changes to the parameter. This can be helpful in troubleshooting changes in system behavior.