As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
You can restrict access to Axiom for certain people by assigning one or both of these security roles to their user account:
- Restrict_Browsing_VC_Axiom: forbids browsing axiom.veracross.com
- Restrict_Browsing_Accounting: forbids browsing accounting.veracross.com
- This security role is only relevant if you have VC Accounting.
Use Case: Limit access for Faculty
Typically, Faculty users interact with Veracross via the Faculty Portal rather than use Axiom directly. However, like other users, faculty have access to Axiom by default and will be able to access data that their security roles otherwise allow.
If you would like to restrict access so that teachers can't browse around in Axiom, assign one or both of these security roles to their user account.
- These security roles don't otherwise limit access to record data; they only restrict interactive browsing in the Axiom web app.
- Teachers can still view queries that have been published in the Faculty Portal. Data visibility in published queries is still subject to the user's other security roles.
How to Apply These Restrictions
To assign one or both of these security roles to an individual user:
- Beginning on the Identity & Access Management homepage, run one of the "Find User Account" queries, such as Faculty & Staff Accounts
- Tip: use the "search results..." feature in the toolbar to quickly locate a particular individual
- In the query results, click the Security Admin link for the particular user.
- On the user's security detail, click the Security Roles tab.
- Expand the "Supplemental Roles" header in the left column and click the security role(s) to move them to the right.
- Click Update.
To apply one of these security roles to multiple users at once:
- Beginning on the Identity & Access Management homepage, click the Security Roles query.
- In the query results, click the Restrict_Browsing_VC_Axiom or Restrict_Browsing_Accounting security role.
- Tip: use the "search results..." feature in the toolbar to quickly locate the security role record
- Click the Members tab.
- To add a user to this security role:
- Click Add Record...
- Type in the name (or click the magnifying glass) to search for the user.
- Tip: type enough letters to uniquely identify the user, then press [TAB] on your keyboard for it to fill in the rest
- Add as many users as you'd like using this method.
- Click Update.
|Will anyone get these security roles automatically?||The new security roles aren't assigned to anyone by default. User Account Admins can assign the security roles as needed.|
|If someone with one of these roles tries to go to Axiom, what happens?||Users with a restriction role will see an error when they browse to Axiom. The error message is: "You can't access this page due to your User Account permissions".|
|Would a faculty member be able to view a query link that was sent to them?||Faculty members with a restriction role won't be able to view query links that are sent to them; instead, they'll see an error.|
|Will faculty with this role be able to view queries that have been published to the Faculty Portal?||Queries that have been published to the Faculty Portal will still be accessible (subject to the user's other security roles).|