On occasion, payments received through circumstances such as Online Re-Enrollment or Online Enrollment can fail for one reason or another. In these situations, these transactions should be reset so individuals are able to submit payments again. Below is a step-by-step guide for actions to take to resolve these failed payments so individuals can attempt to make a payment again.
The following steps should be taken to reset a failed payment:
- Navigate to the Checkout Receipt for the failed payment and then run the “Mark as Failed Payment” procedure from the Action Menu. Running this procedure does the following:
- Marks the Deposit checklist item as not complete.
- Resets the fee payment method on the Person Enrollment Record.
- Marks the Person Enrollment Amount records as not paid.
- Removes the Receipts on any related Person Charge Items.
- Sets the Checkout Receipt follow-up status to not processed and the status to failed.
- Adds a record in the enrollment log that the payment was marked as failed and reset
- If your school uses Veracross Accounting: If there is an associated simple receipt to this failed payment, delete it.