Refunding an AP Invoice with a Credit Unpaid Amount
- From the Cash Processing homepage, go to the Receipts section and click on the Add Cash Receipt link, to enter the receipt.
- Fill in the receipt information and be sure to select “Refund” as the Cash Receipt Category.
- Populate the Organization field with the vendor’s name, and once all the receipt information has been entered, click the “Add Cash Receipt Header” button.
- Enter in the Cash Receipt Item with the refund amount (positive amount) and the credit GL Account.
- Click Update.
- To link the Cash Receipt to the AP Invoice, open the Cash Receipt Item’s detail screen by clicking on the Box with the Arrow icon in the item grid.
- Once on the Cash Receipt Item’s detail screen, search for the credit AP Item.
- Select the appropriate AP item and click OK to link it to the Cash Receipt item.
- Once the AP Invoice Item field has been populated with the item number, click “Update”.
- Post the Cash Receipt and review the resulting Journal Entry.
- Locate the refunding AP Invoice and confirm that the Refund Amount is correct, also make sure the AP Invoice Unpaid Amount has been reduced by the amount of the refund.