As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Student files and links can be published in the parent portal. Publishing has to be enabled in the portal configuration, at which point individual files and links can be published as desired (they can also be batch published using the standard batch updating feature of Axiom).
If enabled, a “Files” tab appears when clicking on a student’s name in the parent portal (same place parents would go to see report cards, recent updates, etc.). Each file or link is flagged with the type (link, image, document, etc.), displays the update date, and has a link to view or download.
The functionality of publishing student files and links, by default, is hidden.
To enable this functionality in the portal, there are two fields to update in the portal configuration.
- Student Files: Set “enabled” to “true”. This enables the feature.
- My Children Menu: Set “student_files” to “true” if using this menu feature in the portal.
Individual links and files can be displayed via the Files and Links tabs of student records in Axiom. They are done on a per link basis, but can also be batch updated via the normal batch updating feature of Axiom. To do update individual files:
- Navigate to the Links or Files tab of a student record.
- Update the “Parent Portal Display” field to “Published”.
- Click Update.
The “Parent Portal Display” field can be batch updated. This is helpful in cases where certain types of links or student files should be published in all parent portals. To do this:
- Run a “Find Person Links” or “Find Student Files” query on the System homepage.
- Pull in the “Parent Portal Display” field, if necessary.
- Design the query to produce the results needed, e.g., use the file classification or description to narrow down the results.
- Batch update the “Parent Portal Display” field.
Alternatively, “pop out” the query on the Files or Links tab of a student record, design the query, and batch update.