As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
The Veracross Data Importer allows you to import person reference numbers. This type of import will only apply person reference numbers to people if the person reference type is already configured. If you would like the person reference number import type turned on, please speak with your account mananger.
Importing the data involves three steps:
- Ensuring that the person reference type is set up (read documentation on Person Reference Numbers here).
- Preparing the data for upload.
- Uploading the data using the Veracross Data Importer.
Preparing the Data for Upload
Prepare a comma separated value (CSV) file containing contact data for any/all of the fields listed below. This CSV file must contain all columns in the order listed below, even if no content is populated in the columns.
Fields on the Template
All required fields have an asterisk next to their name (do not include the asterisk in the CSV). If these fields are not populated, the import will not work.
|person_fk*||Numeric — Veracross person ID|
|reference_value*||Text — reference number that you’re importing|
|reference_type*||Either one or the other:|
-Person Reference Type ID (numeric)
-Person Reference Type Description (text/numeric)
|notes||Text/numeric — notes that are stored with the person reference number|
Considerations Using This Importer
The following things should be considered before using this importer:
- the person reference type must already exist in Veracross before numbers can be imported for it.
- this import will both add new person reference numbers and overwrite existing person reference numbers of the same type.
Example: If a person already has a person reference number of type ID 111, and another person reference number is imported for this user with the same type ID, the old one will be overwritten.