There are a number of things to consider regarding how logic is applied to parent order and divorce. This article highlights some basic information around how logi is applied to parental hierarch (Parent 1-4) and situations involving divorce.
Parents will be retrieved/listed in the following order:
- Male with legal-custody
- Female with legal-custody
In a divorce situation, the following logic is applied:
- If one parent has legal-custody and another does not, the parent with legal-custody will be displayed first.
- Non-resident parents are listed after resident parents.
Parent 1 is the first person in the list, Parent 2 the second, and so forth.
The Parent fields display the following components:
- First Name
- Last Name, if different from the child
- Relationship (F=Father, M=Mother, G=Guardian, SF=Step-Father, SM-Step-Mother)
- NR, if NOT residing at the same household as the child
- NC, if parent does NOT have legal custody of the child
The following is the sample output for a child in a divorce situation:
- Parent 1: Lynn Smith (M)
- Parent 2: Alfred (F/NR)
- Parent 3: Timothy Smith (SF)
- Parent 4: Emily Jones (SM/NR/NC)
In this example, the child lives with Lynn & Timothy Smith, both of whom have custody along with Alfred, while Emily does NOT have custody.