As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through March 31, 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Schools are able to create and configure Program Registration Forms for Online Program Registration by selecting a program under Program Registration located on the System homepage. To add a program registration configuration, select it from the “Add” menu.
Note: Schools using the Accounting Module and/or Student Billing should reach out to their account managers for additional assitance when setting up registration configuration records.
Program Registration Form Configuration
Schools will need to complete the form by filling out the following information:
- Access Name – This is a unique name that describes the type of Program Registration the form will be used for. For example the access name could be Athletics, SummerCamp, FallSports, AfterSchool, etc. Schools should keep in mind that the access name will be used in the URL for program registration. When creating your access name, do not use spaces.
- Title – The name of the program. This name will appear many places throughout the web form. For example if the name of the program is Summer Enrichment Camp, Summer Enrichment Camp will be the title that registrants will see.
- Next Year – When this flag is set, the system will look at the Enrollment Year (Grade Applying For) instead of Current Grade to determine the classes that will be available for each registrant.
- Allowed Roles – Schools will need to specify who should be allowed access to register using online registration. To configure this, schools will need to enter the appropriate Veracross role IDs separated by a comma. (For example if the list is 1,10 this means that students and parents can register for classes using online registration). Schools can find the ID by going to the System homepage and clicking on the Person Roles link under Classification. If no Allowed Roles are indicated this means that anyone can access online registration regardless of their role. Note: If there will be situations where staff/faculty need to register their children who are not students or program students, the allowed roles field should be blank or should include the “Other” role ID.
- Course Classification – Select the course classification that will be used to link Courses and Classes to the Program Registration Form.
- Allow Public Registration? – When this is set, the general public will be allowed to register for Program Courses that are linked to this Registration Form. (If a school allows public registration, a Program Registration Sign Up Form will need to be configured by a VC Engineer). When this is not set, only Veracross users accessing program registration from the parent and student portals will be able to register.
- Max Programs – This flag controls the maximum number of program classes the registrant can be enrolled in at one time. If doing a phased approach, you might set this to 2 so that every registrant will only be able to register for two classes. This helps to ensure that all registrants have an equal opportunity to select their desired classes. Schools can set this to 0 to remove the class limit.
- Public Registration Form – If public registration is allowed, schools will need to select the Program Registration Sign Up Form that will handle registration. This form will need to be setup by a VC Engineer.
- Display Seats Available – If schools configure their program classes to have a “Max Students” number, they can chose to display the number of seats that are still available for these classes. This number is calculated based on the class Program Registration Availability Method setting.
- Allow Wait List? – When this flag is set, registrants will be allowed to register for program classes that are considered “Full” based on the “Max Students” number that is set on the class. Note: The Program Course does need to be marked as allow wait-list for this to apply. As registrants sign up for these classes, they will be added to a wait-list queue on the Registrations tab of the class where schools can manage enrollment for the waitlist students manually. Charge items will not be created for these registrants. When this flag is not set, no wait-listing will be allowed regardless of the setting on the Program Courses.
- Display Wait List Length – If schools configure their program classes to have a “Max Students” number and they chose to “Allow Wait List” (see above) schools can display the Wait List Length for registrants. This number is calculated based on the class Program Registration Availability Method setting.
- Auto Email Receipt – Schools can enter an email address in order to receive an email when a registrant submits their registration. Please note: If schools want to enter multiple email addresses they must be separated by semicolons.
- Auto Send Email Receipt to User – If this flag is checked off then the registrant will automatically be sent an email receipt when signup is complete. Learn more about the email receipt that is sent to registrants.
- Browse Opens – The date and time when the read-only Course Catalog is available. This allows registrants to browse the course list before registration is open.
- Browse Closes – The date and time when the read-only Course Catalog is no longer available.
- Registration Opens – The date and time when the allowed registrants can start registering for classes. Prior to this date and time registrants will receive a message, when trying to log in, that indicates registration is not open until this date.
- NOTE! Any Charges or Receipts that have a date prior to the open date will not appear. This is intended behavior, allowing schools to reuse a program registration scenario from one season to the next, making “old” charges no longer appear. However, this may have an unintended effect if the value in this field is changed on a program registration that is currently open or running. For example, if the “Registration Open Date” is November 1, people register and pay on November 2, and the Charge Item Date is set as December 1; then “Registration Open Date” is changed to November 3 – users will be asked to pay again, because the Charge Item is in the future, but the receipt from payment was November 2 (before the Registration Open Date). When in doubt, do not change “Registration Open Date” for a Registration that is currently running!
- Registration Closes – The date and time when new registrations will no longer be accepted. After this date and time registrants will receive a message, when trying to log in, that indicates registration is no longer available.
- Max Discounts – If schools are using discount codes this is the maximum number of discounts that can be applied during a single registration session. If this is set to zero then no discount codes will be allowed. (Note: When a user is entering the discount codes during registration, they need to separate the codes by semicolons).
- Allowed Payment Methods – This dropdown specifies what type of payment is allowed for this registration: Online Payment Only, Cash Payment Only, Online & Cash Payment, or No Payment (Free). Learn more about Payment Methods.
- Accept ACH – If integrating with Veracross payments this allows ACH bank transfer as a form of payment. Note: If neither this nor Accept CC are set, payment integration is automatically disabled.
- Accept Credit Card – If integrating with Veracross payments this allows credit cards as a form of payment. Note: If neither this nor Accept ACH are set, payment integration is automatically disabled.
- Advanced Deposit? – Indicates if advanced deposit is being used for ANY program registration type. Advanced Deposit means that the deposits are calculated in an advanced function overriding the deposit amount entirely. All default deposit functionality is overridden if this is checked.
- Deposit Catalog Item – When configured, this allows deposit payments to be made versus the default behavior of only allowing full balance payments. Requires GL defaults to be setup, schools should speak with their VC Account Manager to configure this.
- Charge Item Date – By default, charge items for program tuition and fees will use the program’s start date as the charge item date. If schools want to override this, they should enter a date that should be used instead.
- Advanced Accounting? – Indicates if advanced accounting is enabled for this program registration type. Advanced accounting means that payment receipts are created and linked to charges. This is enabled with VCA configuration of GL accounts.
Text Configuration for the Registration Form
Schools have the ability to add header and footer text for each page on the Registration Form. Text templates are added automatically to the Program Registration Form record when schools create a form so that schools can configure text for each Registration Form that they will use.
The text templates can be found on the Program Registration Form record on the Text Templates tab. Schools can also view all of the text templates for all of their Other Program Registration forms from the Text Templates query on the System Homepage.
The text templates follow the format below. Each text template lists the AccessName for that program registration form, followed by the section and page where the text will be displayed. For example Program_Registration_Summer_Landing_Household_Footer.md would be the footer that displays on the Household Landing page for a school that had a program registration form with the AccessName of ‘Summer’.
- Main_Closed – Page where the user is redirected when registration is closed
- Landing_Household – Landing page for a household that shows links to registration and unpaid fees
- Landing_Public – Public landing page with a link to register and select programs
- Landing_Person – Person-centric landing page that shows current programs, unpaid fees, and a link to register for more program
- Registration_Browse – Page for read-only catalog browsing
- Registration_Complete – Page that is seen when registration is fully complete
- Registration_Confirm – Confirmation page where they click the final submit button
- Registration_Review – Page seen after making program selections. Also where discount codes are entered
- Registration_Selection – Page where users pick their programs.
- Registration_Summary – Summary email receipt generated after submitting registration
- Payment_Offline – Page showing payment details
- Payment_Summary – Page showing fee summary and payment
- Programs_Browse – Public read-only program catalog for browsing
When logged in with unpaid charges in Online Program Registration, a gentle warning message can appear above the list of people/programs. The text of the message is managed on an individual Program Registration configuration record’s detail screen on the Messages tab and editing the field Unpaid Registration Fees Message.