As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Online recurring donations allow donors to submit gifts that are processed automatically according to the schedule set by the school and chosen by the donor when submitting their gift. This functionality is currently limited to schools using VCPay and donors who have a Veracross user account (e.g., relatives paying student invoices or access to the Parent, Faculty/Staff, Alumni, or Admissions portals).
Before enabling recurring donations on any online giving form, the Recurring Donation Payment Gateway and Recurring Donation Schedules must be configured. The payment gateway is configured during the online giving implementation process when Bluesnap is chosen as the credit card payment provider. If your school has recently started using Bluesnap and would like to enable recurring donations, please contact your account manager to ensure the payment gateway is configured before enabling the recurring donation feature.
Recurring Donation Schedules
The Recurring Donation Schedules can be found on the Online Giving homepage in the Setup section here. Edits to the individual schedules can be made there or on the Recurring Donations tab in online giving form itself.
By default, weekly, monthly, and quarterly donation schedule options are added, however, the actual schedule for when the donations will be processed must be configured according to the school’s workflow. Additionally, a yearly donation schedule can be added using the framework of the monthly donation schedule.
Weekly schedules can be set to process every 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks (interval) on a specific day of the week.
Monthly schedules can be set to process every 1, 2, 3, 6, or 12 months (interval) on a specific day of the month (1st through Last) or a relative weekday (First, Second, Third, Fourth, Last) and day of the week (Sunday through Friday).
Quarterly schedules are automatically set to process every three months so only the actual schedule needs to be adjusted to process on a specific day of the month (1st through Last) or a relative weekday (First, Second, Third, Fourth, Last) and day of the week (Sunday through Friday).
To create an Annual recurring donation schedule, add a new Recurring Donation Schedule setting the type to Monthly and the Interval (Monthly) to 12. Adjust the schedule to process on a specific day of the month (1st through Last) or a relative weekday (First, Second, Third, Fourth, Last) and day of the week (Sunday through Friday).
Note: if the annual schedule is offered, all donations will be created with the campaign assigned to the original online gift record so it is necessary to update the individual donation records to link the current campaign as the installment payments are processed.
Configuring the Online Giving Form
To enable online recurring donations, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Recurring Donations tab in the Online Giving form to be updated and set the Enabled? flag to Yes.
- If donors should receive a recurring donation specific confirmation email, set the Confirmation Email Template Override accordingly. More information about adding new system email templates can be found here.
- Adjust the Donation Profile Codes as needed and click on the Available Schedules for Custom Gifts tab.
- Click Add Record and then click the magnifying glass to bring up the Advanced Search window. Select the schedule type to be added and click Select Recurring Donation Schedule.
- Repeat this process if donors should have the option to select from multiple recurring donation types and click Update once you are done to save your changes.
Note: you can also use this tab to access the recurring donation schedule detail records to make any needed adjustments.
- Navigate to the Giving Amounts tab and add options as needed using the same method used for One-Time Donations ensuring the Schedule is selected for each giving amount type. Once all changes are made, click Update.