As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
- Run the “Merge Vendor Query” located in the System Workspace in the Accounts Payable section.
- In the Query Design, click on the Query tab.
- Notice that “Merge Duplicate Records” is highlighted. In the right panel, choose ‘Vendor Name’ in the description drop down menu.
- Click Run Query.
- On the Surviving Vendor, verify that the “Surviving Organization” field is blank. If not, delete information in the field.
- Select the vendors that will be merged together by clicking on the boxes to the left of the Vendor names.
- Click on the Action button and choose “Merge Duplicate Records”.
- Select the record that you want to keep (the oldest vendor record will default as the record to keep).
- Select the “Merge Duplicate Records” button to process the merge.
- Re-run the “Find a Vendor” query, and you’ll see that the old vendor no longer exists as a separate vendor. Open the detail display for the original vendor and click on the “AP Invoices” and the “Disbursements” reports to confirm that the invoices and payments from the duplicate vendor were indeed merged to the original vendor.