In This Issue
AutoPay | Veracross Connect | Closing the School Year
Scheduled and Completed Updates | Live Classes in June
In the closing chapter of this very different school year, we want to thank all of you for the hard work you have continued to do on behalf of your entire school community. We have been connecting more than ever with so many of you in recent weeks — on calls, webinars, Zoom meetings, and emails — and we are grateful for your feedback, your critiques, and your partnership.
The end of this month brings our annual "Closing the School Year" webinar and a host of documentation resources as you check all of the "to do" items off of your list. We are also excited to ramp up our Veracross University live classes in June, with three dozen sessions to choose from! We also invite you to check out our AutoPay resources, a little "teaser" for how we are running Veracross Connect sessions this year, and product updates.
As you prepare for a fresh invoicing season, we want to remind you of the resources available for helping use AutoPay during the upcoming school year. These resources contain step-by-step instructions and videos to guide you through the process of publishing your invoices, preparing your AutoPay batch schedules, and processing your first AutoPay batches for the new year.
We recommend that you confirm that your AutoPay batches have been configured at least two weeks prior to your first AutoPay processing date to allow ample time for review and to send reminders to payers.
We also have Veracross University sessions about AutoPay that you may find helpful this month (see below.) If you have questions or need help, don’t hesitate to reach out to your account manager or implementation manager.
Update on Veracross Connect
Back in March, we informed you that we would be exploring ways to pivot Veraross Connect to a virtual conference. We're excited to announce that we will be offering sessions throughout the summer specifically focusing on preparing for this upcoming fall. Stay tuned for a more detailed update next week!
Closing the school year in Veracross means tying up all the various academic, admission, and logistical loose ends of the year. It is not inherently complex but does involve reviewing a lot of information to make sure you are ready. Some schools close the school year soon after the year ends and others wait until sometime during the summer.
Here are some resources to help you think about the steps you'll need to take at your school:
We have two great webinars coming up on closing the school year and summer processes. Recordings will be emailed to everyone who registers, so feel to register even if the time may not work for you. They will also be posted back at Learn Veracross.
Webinar: Closing the School Year
Tuesday, June 2, 11:00 AM (Eastern)
Want to get the low down on closing the school year from Veracross employee #1? You are invited to this webinar to get the big picture of everything you should consider before closing things out.
|Register for June 2 Webinar|
Webinar: Summer Processes
Wednesday, June 17, 3:00 PM (Eastern)
Jeremy will be back a few weeks later to take you through summer processes you may need to consider at your school.
|Register for June 17 Webinar|
Enhancement and Product Release Highlights For Next Month
Look for these coming next month:
New "Course Request Exists" Function Field
This new function field will allow Axiom users to build more complex reports based on the existence (or non-existence) of course requests. As all of our schools approach the challenge of scheduling for the fall, our goal is for this new field to enable you to group students with the same or similar course requests to help inform your scheduling strategy and contact tracing efforts.
Distance Learning Survey Coming Soon!
Schools all over the world are wrestling with the logistics of returning to school next fall. We will be sending out a survey aimed at helping us better understand your school’s strategy in addressing this unprecedented challenge so that we can best prepare to help you navigate. Watch your inbox early next week for the survey or talk to your school point person to make sure your voice is heard in your school’s response!
In May, we squashed 16 bugs and published 13 enhancements. Here is a highlight of recent product updates. Find them all at Learn Veracross.
- New "Grade As of Assignment Due Date" Function Field: Many of our schools have altered their grading policies for the spring term in response to COVID-19. One such response we've heard a lot about is the "do no harm" grading policy, which requires the ability to calculate grades as of the date when you transitioned to distance learning. To help with those efforts, we've built a new function field — "Grade As of Assignment Due Date" — available on grades queries.
- New Photo Upload Functionality in Axiom: You can now upload photos directly into Axiom without using an external photo manager. We also added the ability to add and remove a photo directly on the person record.
- Five New Student Life Import Types: Five new import types are available using the Veracross Data Import tool — these import types are useful in a variety of contexts, including but not limited to academics, admissions, and development. We urge you to review the articles about each of these types and think about how each could potentially be used in your school's workflows.
- New Summary Reports for Development 3.0: We have reworked our development summary reports in our Development 3.0 to use constituents and opportunities, rather than giving history records. They are now far more flexible, with an updated user interface and powerful new features.
Veracross University: Live Classes Available
In June, we're focusing on launching lots more live classes that anyone in Veracross University can attend. Led by Veracross instructors, these sessions typically run 30 minutes and are interactive, so bring your questions and ideas to share. They are intended to extend the "how-to" video-based learning so they focus on workflows and "connecting the dots" among areas of functionality.
Discover live sessions on the "Live Sessions" tab or the calendar in Veracross University.
Scheduled Live Sessions in June
All times are Eastern Daylight. Register directly in Veracross University.
- Keyboard Shortcuts, Axiom Quick Tips, and Searching (June 5, 9:30 AM)
- Open Office Hour for Q&A (June 9, 9:00 AM)
- You’ve Got Query Queries? We Have Query Answers! (June 12, 11:00 AM)
- Making Workspaces Work For You (June 19, 11:00 AM)
- Configuring Portals (June 2, 1:00 PM)
- Let's Get Contextual: Creating Content in Your Portals (June 9, 11:30 AM)
- Visibility and Classification for Group Events and Calendars (June 11, 11:00 AM)
- Portal Calendars (June 18, 3:00 PM)
- Group Event Extras (June 25, 2:00 PM)
- Building Your School Calendar (June 4, 2:30 PM)
- Exploring the Academic Hierarchy (June 9, 3:00 PM)
- Sending Parent Welcome Emails, Part 1 (System Emails) (June 16, 11:00 AM)
- Sending Parent Welcome Emails, Part 2 (Composer) (June 23, 11:00 AM)
- Office Hour for Q&A (June 4, 3:00 PM)
- It Starts With an Export: Importing Your Wealth Screenings into Veracross (June 11, 3:00 PM)
- Office Hour for Q&A (June 18, 3:00 PM)
- Annual Fund '21: Configuring Your Next Annual Fund Campaign Record (June 23, 3:00 PM)
- Veracross Recommendation Forms (June 3, 2:00 PM)
- Managing Admission Submissions (June 10, 2:00 PM)
- "Submissions" Function Field in Admission (June 17, 2:00 PM)
- Office Hour for Q&A (June 24, 2:00 PM)
- Unique Billing Circumstances (June 2, 12:00 Noon)
- Around and About for Accounting (June 2, 1:00 PM)
- Deep Dive into Creating Person Charge Items (June 3, 1:00 PM)
- Unique Billing Circumstances (June 4, 12:00 Noon)
- Creating Invoices for the Year (June 4, 1:00 PM)
- Deep Dive into the AR Invoice Record (June 8, 2:00 PM)
- Parent Portal Experience (June 9, 11:00 AM)
- AutoPay Batch Record (June 10, 2:00 PM)
- AR Invoice Adjustments (June 11, 2:00 PM)
- Payments Processing Homepage (June 15, 1:00 PM)
- VC Pay (Tuition Management) Data Management (June 16, 1:00 PM)
- AutoPay Notifications (June 17, 1:00 PM)
- AutoPay Batch Record (June 23, 1:00 PM)
- Deposits Workflow (June 24, 3:00 PM)
- VC Pay (Tuition Management) Data Management (June 25, 1:00 PM)
What Is Veracross University?
Veracross University is an online learning platform designed to help you and your colleagues learn how Vearcross works. It features video-based training with auto-graded knowledge checks, practices to complete, live classes to attend, and you can always return to anything for review.
Veracross University is free for all of our schools.
We have documentation for learners and for team leaders:
- Each school is its own "team" in Veracross University, managed by your school's point person (the person(s) who manage Veracross at your school). Reach out to them to get an account.
- Are you a school point person and not sure what to do or have a question? Submit a ticket in our support portal and we'll get you squared away.