By leveraging the Launchpad Quickview option for queries, you can effectively search for anything without having to open a query design. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Search for the query by name.
- Once you've found your selection, click the "Tab" button on your keyboard to select the query quick view.
- The search bar changes the display to show that you've selected a specific query. You can now run the query by entering a value for a single criteria field.
For queries that have been previously saved to a workspace, it's possible to change the Criteria Field available on the Launchpad Quickview from the default to another value included in the query design. To do this, perform the following steps:
- On the query design page, click the Query tab in the included field section at the top center of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the Launchpad Quickview Options section, and choose a value from the Criteria Field dropdown menu.
Example Scenario: The front desk administrator prefers to look up students by ID number. Save a version of the Find Person Query where Role=Student and Person ID has been included in the results. From the Launchpad Quickview Options on the Query tab (1), select Person ID (2) and then Overwrite the query design (3). The administrator can now look up a specific student by ID number without having to find a query.
NOTE: Do not attempt to overwrite the query templates found on homepages. Always save a version to a workspace before proceeding.