How to Enter an AP Invoice
- On the Accounts Payable homepage, click on the “Add an AP Invoice” link.
- Enter the required information for an Invoice Header: Vendor Name, Invoice Number, Description and Invoice Date.
- Press the “Add AP Invoice Header” button to save the information. The system will automatically populated the AP GL Account and the Due Date fields based upon pre-established system defaults.
- Begin adding AP Invoice Line Items via the input grid beneath the header information by clicking “Add Record”.
- Enter required information for an invoice item: Amount, Description and GL Account (thisis the account that will be debited by the transaction).
- When all Line Items have been added, press the “Update” button. The system will automatically calculate and populate the Invoice Total fields for the invoice header.
- Repeat steps #1 – #6 above for each invoice needing to be recorded in the system.
- Navigate to the Accounts Payable homepage.
- Run the Unposted AP Invoice Report – the new AP Invoice(s) should appear in the results. One may also want to run the Unposted AP Item Report in order to view all Unposted Invoice Items.
- Review the Unposted AP Invoice(s), and if all looks good, the invoice(s) are ready to be posted.