The factors that determine the parent hierarchy (parent 1, parent 2, parent 3, and parent 4), are found below:
Note: a tie in one level is resolved by checking the next level down.
- custody status + relationship type = (mother, father) (missing either element will result in a value for this criterion is 0 for this criterion; having both results in a value of 1)
- residency status (if the child lives in the same household as the related person, the value for this criterion is 1; otherwise 0)
- relationship type (father > mother > guardian > step-father > step-mother)
- gender (none > male > female > user-defined genders)
- first name (alphabetical)
- last name (alphabetical)