As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
The Portal Admin homepage contains a directories section with records for each directory type. Making changes to the configuration and preferences tabs allows you to make systemwide changes to directory displays, while the Preferences tab section allows you to make person or household specific changes.
Example: How do I show business phones on faculty directories?
- Start from the Portal Admin homepage and click on the "Faculty & Staff Directory Type" link in the Directories section.
- In the directory record, click the Configuration tab in the All tab section.
- In the "Business Phone Display Status" row of the "Faculty/Staff Fields" subtotal header, adjust the numerical value of the "Value" column. The "Value" column can contain one of three options:
- 0 — hides the field
- 1 — shows the field when data is present
- 2 — always shows the field
- this displays a "--" when there is no value
You may also find the following articles helpful: