As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
Sometimes, schools run into situations where a parent or other constituent does not want to receive any emails. There are a few ways to prevent emails:
- Populating the Date of Death field: makes it so this person will never receive email communication from the school through distribution lists.
- Clearing the Email 1 Field: makes it so this person will not receive communication from the school through distribution lists. To store the email for reference, move it to the Email 2 field, which is never used for communications.
- Updating Preferred Communication Method to “Paper Mail”: removes the individual from group-based email distribution lists.
- However, “email parents of student” and other constructed distribution lists will still email the parent, regardless of how this preference is set.
- For people with “None Specified”, reports/groups treat this as a “do not mail” setting: they will not be included in Paper Mail or email lists.
- Adding the recipient to the Blocked tab on any channel: removes people from receiving email in blocked channels.