When someone becomes a member of the school faculty or staff, some changes must be made to convert a "non-staff account" to a "staff account". Follow these steps below to change a non-staff account to a staff account:
- Update the individual person record on the Roles tab to add the Faculty/Staff role as needed.
- Navigate to the System homepage and open the Find User Accounts query. Search for the person (remember, last name then first name!) and then run the query.
- Click the Security Admin link in the Security Admin column next to the person you are converting to open their person account record.
- Click on the Action menu and run the "Convert Parent Account to Staff Account" procedure.
- At this point, the account is set up be be a staff account. Click on the Security Roles tab to apply the appropriate security role to this new faculty or staff member.
You may also find the following articles useful: