As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
You may wish to add new development roles to the system to suit your school's specific needs. To add a new development role, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to: Development Homepage > Add > Development Roles
- Enter the Description, select the category as needed, and set the sort key according to your school's workflow and click Add Development Role to save the record.
Note: the sort key determines how a record is classified if they have multiple roles (e.g. former faculty/staff, alumni, parent, etc.).
- Click Add Record... and click the magnifying glass to bring up the list of person roles. Select the appropriate role and click Select Development Classification. You can use the Description field to filter the list to make it easier to find your selection.
- Add additional Person Roles to the Development Role as needed and click Update to save the record.
Note: Once the new Development Roles are added, the system will update all existing records during the overnight process, but you can also do this manually.
When you've finished adding new Primary Development Roles, you can then manually refresh the record to account for this new role be performing the following steps:
- Navigate to: Development Homepage > All Time/Campaign Summary
- Click on the name of the active campaign to access the campaign detail record.
- Click the action menu (lightning bolt) and select Refresh Campaign Data.