As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
There is no official way to split a donation, but, to do it manually, perform the following steps:
All steps in these instructions must be followed in order to avoid errors, mismatches, and double-counting.
- Access the donation you'd like to split in Axiom.
- Add a new donation to split to in Axiom.
- Access each donation in the Accounting side of Veracross.
- Find the checkout receipt number from the History tab on the original donation and add it to the new donation.
- Access the Checkout Payout for the original donation: History/Misc. This can be accessed through:
- Payout Receipt popout >
- Payout Items >
- Checkout Payout Link >
- For example, if the original donation was $10,000 and needed to be split into two donations of $5,000 each, the mismatch should be displayed as $5,000 and the total receipts as $15,000. Verify the new donation is listed and that the mismatch is $5,000 with total receipts listed as $15,000
- Update the original donation amount to $5,000.
- Set each donation to Ready to Post.
- Refresh the Payout Items to verify everything is correct.