As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.
To remove a large number of user accounts at once, there is a short process you should complete. This process is built on the fact that the nightly scripts automatically remove user accounts where the person has no assigned security roles. There are several exceptions to this rule to be aware of:
- Students may lack a "Student" security role for a short time between when they are promoted from future student to student and when student user accounts are created.
- Future students and their parents are allowed to have accounts without any security roles.
- "Staff" and "Faculty" may have accounts without security roles.
- "Program Students" and "Future Program Students" may have accounts without security roles.
This method works best for users who only have one security role. It also works for users with more than one, but you will need to navigate to more than one security role to complete this process.
- Determine which security roles people have that you with to remove user accounts for.
- Navigate to the System homepage and click on the Security Roles link.
- Click on the link to the security role in question, and then click on the Members tab.
- Click the red X next to the people you wish to remove the security role from and then click Update.
- Repeat this process until these people have no security roles.
At this point, all of these users' accounts will be removed the next time the nightly scripts run.
Removing Accounts Individually
To remove a single user's account, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the individual's person record.
- From the Action menu, run the "Remove VC User Account" procedure.