How can I record a forfeit deposit in Veracross?

As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated.  It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. Q&A articles are only visible to authenticated users in the Veracross Community; please speak with your implementation or account manager for additional information.

In a case where the Deposit is non-refundable and the Student is leaving your school, to properly recognize this, you can follow:

  1. Create a "Forfeited Deposit" Catalog Item and set the GL Account to the a Forfeited Deposit Revenue Account. 

  1. Create an Invoice for this withdrawing family 

  1. Create a charge in the amount of the Deposit and post it to the AR invoice. This will Debit Receivables and Credit the Forfeited Deposit Revenue Account 

  1. Apply the Deposit payment to the Invoice and Post the Applied Deposit. This will Debit the Liability account and Credit Receivables.