As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Homepages are made up of a set of query templates and reports that make it easy to access needed data. Homepages also contain links to add information to the system. These links are accessible on each homepage by hovering over the “Add” button. Additionally schools can access other available homepages by hovering over the “Related Pages” button or by clicking on the icon located in the Launchpad.
When first logging into Axiom, all users are directed to their default homepage. There are two ways to access other homepages in Axiom:
1. Rocket Ship on the Launchpad: view a complete list of all homepages from any page using the icon. Homepages are organized by homepage groups which represent the major areas of the system.
2. Related Pages: the “Related Pages” dropdown located in the right corner of a homepage displays a consolidated list of all homepages according to its relationship to the homepage currently being viewed.
Homepages in Axiom are designed to help users navigate through the system quickly in order to access the data they need in the most efficient way possible. Axiom homepages feature a refreshed design which makes the grouping of query and report links more clearly organized around daily tasks and functions pertaining to the specific job function to which the homepage applies.
Data contained on homepages are organized into homepage tiles. A tile is a single box containing a collection of query templates and reports all related to a particular task or activity according to the function of the particular homepage. There are a number of different types of tiles:
- Link Tiles: contain links to other queries or reports along with detail screens within the system related to that subject of that particular tile. For example, when on the Admissions homepage a link tile with the subject “Today” will contain links to all queries or reports necessary for reviewing Admissions data that requires attention today.
- Counter Tiles: powered by a report(s), a counter tile displays a summarized view of a report’s result. For example, on the Admissions homepage a counter tile may be configured to display “Today’s New Inquiries” and “New Applications.” The total number received for today will display in a box to easily view the current activity. Users can access details of this report from a counter tile by clicking on the summary information.
- Icon Tiles: tile contains a single link to an important piece of the system. It may be a link to a report or an external program such as the Admissions Dashboard. The tile will contain a label indicating where the link points to and an icon.
- Query Results Tiles: powered by the results of a specific query, such as a calendar. The tile will display the results of the query on the homepage. The user can click on the tile to access the query design to modify the results according to their current data needs.
Certain tiles may have an additional consolidated view which allows access to configuration or parameters specific to the main function of that tile. The consolidated view may be accessed by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of the tile. These links are important in setting up or defining values in the system, but are not necessary to display all the time.
For example: the icon in the “Other” tile on the Admissions homepage provides links to two parameter, Active Admissions Year and Admissions Ref date, and two configuration pages, Admissions Fee Types and Admissions Amount. These four links are important to the operation of the Admissions department, but usually only require one time setup.
Homepages are made up a collection of links organized by section. There are different types of links that can be accessed from a homepage:
- Find Queries: links to query for locating specific information from the system such as the “Find Person” or “Find Group Event” queries.
- Add Records: links to records for adding new data into the system such as “Add Household” or “Add Class.”
- Report Links: links to reports that provides data based on a set of criteria such as “New Inquiries” or “Today’s Attendance.”
- Configuration: links to configuration records that assists in setting up a particular area of the system according to the school’s specifications such as “Review Class Configuration” or “Admission Portal Configuration.”
Links are organized into sections on the homepage and are grouped by link type.
Additionally, at the top of a homepage, quick access options for frequently accessed Related Pages and Add records are available.
Workspaces on Homepages
Frequently accessed queries and reports can be saved to a homepage using Workspaces. Workspaces are assigned to a specific homepage section using the organize icon from the Workspace pages. When a user clicks on the Workspace from the homepage, it expands within the homepage section to reveal the sub-workspaces (if any), query templates, bookmarks and query reports saved in that Workspace without navigating away from the homepage. Only users with access to the homepage will be able to view the sub-workspaces.
Learn more about Axiom Workspaces.