NOTE: The Historic Report Card Links Document is in the process of being deprecated. This functionality is made obsolete by the new Historical Academic Documents portal screen announced here.
Schools have the option to present Parents with a document that links to past Report Cards and Progress reports. This document eliminates the need for school staff to have to follow a more complex process to retrieve those past documents for parents. Schools may configure what years and whether both progress reports and report cards should have links display.
Accessing the Document
Links to the Historical Report Card Links Documents may be found in a few places.
- Via a Find Report Cards Query
- From the System Homepage select the Find Report Cards query
- Search for and add in the fields Archive Display Status and Historical Reports Card Links Document
- When running these reports, multiple rows will show to indicate the different grading periods included in the report card. They will all have the same report card ID though as that is per year.
- Parents may have access to their child’s Historical Report Card Links Doc via their portal. If you need this added to your portal, please speak with your Account Manager.
- Faculty/Staff do not have links available in their portals for student historical report card link documents. However, they may be linked to the modified Find Report Cards query with the above listed two fields.
Note: This document will only be available to schools who have completed at least 1 year in Veracross, i.e. that they have published Reports Cards in Veracross before.
Since the Historical Report Card Links document is relatively uncomplex, there is not much that schools would need to configure for it.
The top of the document lists the student name from their person record and pulls in their address from their household record. The top right lists the current status of the student – either current or former.
The document will display any years for which the school has records of that student’s report cards, excluding the current year.
To adjust the linked content under the year heading on the document, utilize the Archive Display Status field on the query results page. Most commonly, schools will want a uniform document for all students, so it would be most beneficial to batch update the records to the desired display status. The available statuses are:
- Show RC & PR
- Hide RC & PR
- Show RC only; Hide PR
- Show PR only; Hide RC
Note: RC stands for Report Card; PR stands for Progress Report.