As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
You may wish to create gift records (i.e. donations and/or pledges) in batch, rather than adding them one-by-one using the “Add a Donation/Pledge” links. You should use this process during times where there are many gifts to enter quickly (during a pledge drive, for example) or when you have a number of gifts with similar characteristics (all received on the same date to the same campaign, for example).
Creating a New Gift Batch
To create an entirely new gift batch, follow the steps below.
- On the Development homepage, under the General Section, click + Add a Gift Batch. If you don’t see this option, speak with your account manager to enable it.
- Fill in all applicable defaults on the General tab under the Defaults header. Gift Date is a required field.
- Click the Add Record… button and, on each line of the gift batch Items grid, enter each gift (i.e. donation and/or pledge) and the necessary fields.Unless data differs from the defaults set above, you do not need to enter data for these particular fields, as they will be automatically populated.
- Click the Add Gift Batch button.This will show Update if you have already clicked Add Gift Batch.
- All values entered under the Defaults header are now automatically filled in to the appropriate fields within the grid. In addition to this:
- The Totals header displays the # of Gifts, # of Donations, # of Pledges, Total Gifts, Total Donations, and Total Pledges represented by the Gift Batch items.
- The Gift Creation header displays the # of Uncreated Gifts, # of Uncreated Donations, and # of Uncreated Pledges which are the number of Gift Batch items without corresponding Gift records.
- Verify that all fields in all Gift Batch items are correct. If you make any changes to any of the Gift Batch items within the grid, click the Update button.
- When you are ready to create the actual gift records, click on the Action Menu and run the Create Gift Records from Batch procedure. When this procedure is run:
- The Gifts Created? field under the Gift Creation header will now say .
- The Most Recent Creation Date will be set with the current date/time.
- The actual donation and/or pledge records that have been created can now be reviewed and/or modified in the Gift Records tab.
Adding Gifts to an Existing Gift Batch
To add more gifts to a gift batch that has already been created, follow the steps below.
- On the Development homepage, under the General section, click on the Find a Gift Batch query. If you don’t see this option, speak with your Account Manager to enable it.
- Enter criteria to help narrow down your search and click the Run Query button.
- Click on the link in the Gift Batch ID column for the gift batch you are accessing to open up the Gift Batch record.
- Click the Add Record… button and enter each gift (i.e. donation and/or pledge) and the necessary fields.
- When all additional gifts are entered, click the Update button to add the new gift batch items to the existing gift batch.
- After verifying that the information is correct, click on the Action Menu and run the Create Gift Records from Batch procedure to create actual gift records.
You can see if gift records have been created for a gift item be scrolling to the right in the Gift Batch item grid and looking at the Posted field. Items with records created will have this checked off.
Create Gift Records from Batch Procedure
Running this procedure is what creates actual gift records from the gift batch items. Running this procedure multiple times will never create duplicate gift records.