Create a Cash Receipt Batch
- On the AR Workflow Hompage, under the Accounts Receivable section, click on the Add a Receipt Batch link.
- Enter a User Ref Number, if desired.
- Enter a Deposit Date. This should represent the day the monies were deposited into the bank account.
- Enter a Cash GL Account. This should reflect the GL account to be debited as a result of this deposit.
- Enter a Batch Total ($ amount). Please enter a manually calculated total of all receipts incorporated in this batch. The system will auto-calculate a separate total based upon the receipts you link to this batch. The system will require that these two totals match exactly prior to posting.
- Click “Add Cash Receipt Batch”
Apply Payments to an AR Invoice
On the Accounts Receivable homepage, run the Comprehensive Unpaid Invoice Rpt.
For each check/payment in your possession, do the following:
- Locate the invoice associated with the household or student to which payment should be applied.
- Open desired AR Invoice by clicking directly on the Invoice #.
- Click on the “Receiving” tab of the invoice
- Enter a Check Number
- Enter “Tentative Receipt Date”. This date should reflect the date the school received the payment.
- Enter a Payment Amount in the “Payment/Deposit Total” field.
- Enter the “Cash Rec. Batch” number, created in the process above.
- Toggle “Receipt in Full?” to Yes.
- Click Update.
- Repeat steps #1-9 until all payments have been applied to invoices.
Validate AR Receipts
- On the Accounts Receivable homepage, run the Unposted AR Receipts report. (Note: if there several Cash Receipt Batches that are “unposted”, you may want to specify a specific Cash Receipt Batch as criteria for you report so that it presents only payments/receipts associated with that batch)
- Review the results.
- Click on the “Cash Receipt Batch Number” to open the detail display for that batch. Confirm that the “Mismatch Amount” equals 0.00.
- When it’s confirmed that all looks good, these AR Receipts can be posted.
- Click the Action Menu on the Cash Receipt Batch, and select “Post Receipts”.
- You should note that the Journal Entry created as a result of this process is presented on the display. Click directly on the JE Ref # to drill-into the journal entry itself. Review the Journal Entry items and the associated GL Detail for completeness and accuracy.