Enrollment Configuration & Management FAQ

Where do I find student policies?

Student policies can be used in a variety of contexts, typically during the online enrollment period, but they're only useful if you know where to find them! You can locate student policies in the following locations:

Student Record

The School Policies tab of a student record .

Student Enrollment Record

The Enr Policies tab on a student's enrollment record, accessible from the Enrollment tab on the student record.

Online Enrollment Homepage

The Find Student Enrollment Policies query on the Online Enrollment homepage.

System Homepage

The Find Person/Household Policies query on the System homepage.

Emergency Profile Document

If configured, school policies are displayed on the emergency profile document. To display policies on that document:

  • The policy must have the “Display on Document” field set to “Yes”
  • The emergency profile document must have the “School Policies” section enabled (Documents homepage > Configured Documents section > Emergency Profile Document > Parameters tab > Set “Show ‘School Policies’ Section” value to “1"

You may also find the following articles helpful:

What does the enrollment status of "RNA" mean?

There are three enrollment statuses that are prepended with the letters "RNA"; this stands for "Received No Application". These enrollment statuses are typically applied when a future student is moved forward to the enrollment stage without sufficient admissions data. The three RNA enrollment statuses are:

  • RNA: No Application Submitted — no application record is present.
  • RNA: Pending Admissions Decision — the admission decision is set as "Pending".
  • RNA: Application Withdrawn/Denied — an application record is present, but the admission decision is "Denied" or "Application Withdrawn".

The Enrollment tab of an alum who — for the 16-17 school year — had an RNA enrollment status.

In most situations, an RNA enrollment status signifies a data integrity issue that likely steps from issues during data migration. If you have a number of RNA enrollment statuses, please reach out to your Implementation or Account Manager for next steps.

How do I update the "Grade Applying For" (GAF) on an application we've already accepted?

When you accept an admission candidate, their application is locked automatically by the system, preventing accidental changes. If the situation arises where you need to update an accepted candidate's Grade Applying For (GAF) field, you need to first unlock the application record, make the update, then relock it. Note that if an application is locked, you cannot update the GAF directly on the person record. Here's what to do:

  1. Navigate to the "Other" tab of the application record and set the "Locked" field to "No" and click "Update."
    • You can run a Find Applications query on the Admissions homepage, or click the "Application" link on the candidate detail screen to get the application.
  2. On the "General" tab of the application record, update the Grade Applying For field and click "Update."
    • The overnight script will update the accepted candidate's Grade Level field on their enrollment record to match the new Grade Applying For field on the application.
  3. Lock the application again: Go back to the "Other" tab of the application record, update the "Locked" field to "Yes," and click "Update."


Often, there are instances where a Candidate will be given a specific Grade Applying For value on their Application when the candidate is 'Accepted' and the school/family decides that this Grade Applying For/Grade Level is not appropriate after they have decided to accept the candidate.

To try and correct the Grade Applying For on the Application and the Grade Level on the Enrollment Record from being mismatched, the overnight script changes the Grade Level on the Enrollment Record to match the value of the Grade Applying For on the application with a matching year value.

The proper course of action is to unlock the completed Application and change the Grade Applying For value on the record and also on the general tab. This changes the Grade Level on the Enrollment Record and keep the Grade Level from changing in the overnight procedure.

Note: In some cases, a school will have a customized Application that has been designed to not display the Locked field on the Other tab of the Application, or potentially the field is not shown on any tab on the Application Record. In order to change the Locked value, in this case, the Application ID can be used in the Find Application query on the Admission Homepage and the Locked field can be added to the criterion in the query. The Locked value can then be changed from within the query results.

How do I update an enrollment contract after adjusting signature requirements?

When an enrollment contract was initially configured to have all signatures required and now only one signature is required after one parent already signed the contract, the only way to correct this is to run the "Reset Contract Data" procedure from the action menu of the Enrollment Detail Screen. 

If you do not want to ask the parents to sign the contract again, you can manually mark the Contract checklist item complete but the "Contract Status" field will still be set to "In-Progress" and the student will still appear in the "Contracts Awaiting Signatures" query.

Why didn't the "Contract Complete" email send?

The "contract complete" email can be set to get sent when an enrollment contract is completed. If it is not getting sent:

  1. Check the Online Enrollment Config record for newly enrolling families 
  2. Check the Online Re-Enrollment Config record for re-enrolling families.

On the Online Enrollment Config Record, make sure the Contract Complete Email field is associated with the correct system email template. In this case, it would be New_Enrollment_Contract_Complete. For the Re-Enrollment config record, it will be Re_Enrollment_Contract_Complete.

Why can't I modify override amounts on the Enrollment Detail screen?

Occasionally, you may need to modify enrollment amounts for a potential student, however, it cannot immediately be modified on the Enrollment Detail record. The reason why you are not able to modify the enrollment override amounts is because they are associated with person charge items that have been posted to the general ledger on the accounting side of Veracross. To modify the enrollment amounts, you first have to run the "Remove Link to Person Charge Item" procedure from the action menu on the Enrollment Detail Screen.

Why are override amounts not displaying on a student's enrollment record?

Override amounts on enrollment records are used to override dollar values on contracts, e.g., to manually knock off $5,000 from a particular student's tuition. If override amounts are missing from an enrollment record, check to see if the "Is portal open" field on the General tab is set to "Yes."

The Override Amounts will show on the Override Amounts tab will show if the following conditions are met:

  1. If the Enrollment Year value on the Enrollment Record is one year greater than the Current School Year parameter value
    if the Enrollment Year is equal to the Current School Year parameter and the month is within the range of (June through October) and the Is Portal Open field is set to 'Yes'.

If these conditions are not met the Override Amounts will not populate on the Override Amounts.

Why can't a parent view or sign an enrollment contract amendment?

If a parent logs into the enrollment portal and cannot see the contract amendment, check to confirm that the parent was the signer of the original contract. Only parents that sign the enrollment contract can sign the contract amendment.

How do I add a new withdraw reason?

It can be helpful to add additional school-specific withdraw reasons to meet your school's specialized workflows. Your current list of withdraw reasons can be found  by clicking the Withdraw Reasons query on the System homepage. From this query, you can configure the sort order of your withdraw reasons list, as well as which withdraw reasons are available for online selection.

To add a new withdraw reason, perform the following steps:

  1. From the System homepage click on the +Add menu at the top right and select Withdraw Reasons.
  2.  In the window that appears, enter:
  3. Click the green 'Add Withdraw Reason' button.

You may also find the following articles helpful:

How can I update Grade Level, Resident Status, Student Group, and Campus for an Accepted Student

When you are managing enrollment for newly accepted students, it is important to note that the following fields are displayed on the "Enr Checklist" tab of the candidate detail screen, but they are really drawing from information on the application:

Field on the "Enr Checklist" Tab of the Candidate RecordCorresponding Field on the Application Record
Grade LevelGrade Applying For
Resident StatusResident Status Applying For
Student GroupStudent Group
CampusCampus Applying For

When applicants are accepted, their applications are locked, meaning that the values cannot be updated. So if you want to update any of the above fields, you need to do so on the application record, which you first need to unlock. If you update any of the above values on the candidate record without unlocking the application, the overnight scripts will revert the change. 

To update the Grade Level, Resident Status, Student Group, or Campus of an accepted student:

  1. Navigate to their application record. You can run a "Find Applications" query, or click the "View Details" link in the Application section of the General tab of their candidate record.
  2. On the "Other" tab of the application record, set the "Locked" field to "No" and click "Update."
  3. Return to the General tab and update whichever field you need to, then click "Update."
  4. Return to the "Other" tab of the application record, set the "Locked" field to "Yes" and click "Update."

Why can't I modify enrollment amounts after resetting enrollment contracts?

The reason why you are not able to modify the enrollment override amounts is because they are associated with person charge items that have been posted to the GL. In order to modify the enrollment amounts:

  1. Run the "Remove Link to Person Charge Item" procedure from the Action menu (lightning bolt) of the Enrollment Detail Screen.
  2. Your enrollment and business offices should coordinate to ensure the enrollment amounts on the contract match the amounts posted to the AR Invoice.

If a filtering group is applied to an enrollment amount, and we change that filtering group year-over-year, does that impact historical student billing charges?

Changing the Filtering Group will not impact any charges that have already been created. Charges are created based on a set of criteria and, once created, are not afected by any subsequent changes to those criteria.

We have a new Enrollment Checklist Item to add to our ORE/OE process this year, how do we add it?

To add a new ORE or OE Checklist Item navigate to the Online Enrollment homepage and on the top right hand side you will see the "+ Add" drop-down. Select Enrollment Checklist and then populate the record with the applicable data/configuration.

How does the 'Start Re-Enrollment' procedure affect the students' current grade level and school year?

The Start Re-Enrollment procedure will move the Grade Applying For and the Year Applying For values forward, but it will not affect the current grade level or school year listed for the students.

To learn more about starting re-enrollment for students, view this article here. 

When do charge items get created during the enrollment contract?

Charge items are created once the final parent has signed the Enrollment contract.  The act of pressing sign creates the charge items that will now be available in the Student Billing Module. 

How do I add links to a policy?

To add a link to a policy you can use the built in URL field on the policy itself to put a link which will then add a button to the policy for this link. 

Additionally, if you want to add multiple links to the policy, the “description” field allows you to use HTML to define a hyperlink in the text of the policy. You can use the following format:

<a href="url">link text</a>

You’ll want to add your link where it says “url”, but keep the quotations. Additionally, where it says “link text” — this is what will display for users to click on, such as “Click here”. For example to get to Veracross’s website, you could put:

<a href="https://www.veracross.com/">Click Here!</a>

If we have to update the language on our contract, will applicants enrolling for this current school year see it?

Yes, if you have to update the language on your contract for the following school year, those who are applying for the current school year will see this new text because there is only one contract record shared by Online Enrollment, Online Re-Enrollment, and all school years.

If possible, wait to update the contract text until the majority or all of your mid-year enrollees have enrolled.

How do I copy current school policy forms forward to the upcoming (Re)Enrollment year?

On the System Homepage, run the procedure called "Copy School Policy Forms" from the Action Menu. 

Please note that running the "Start Re-Enrollment" procedure from the System Homepage will automatically copy the School Policy forms to the next year.

When is the (re)enrollment "Contract Complete" email sent out to parents?

The “Contract Complete Email” is sent when the contract has all of the required signatures on the online contract. The email is sent out in real time once the contract has been signed by all required signatures.

This is configured on the Online Enrollment/Re-Enrollment Config: 

Is it possible to customize the font in the amounts table on enrollment contracts?

At this time, the font that appears in the Amounts Table in the Enrollment Contracts cannot be customized/changed.

How do I manually update a school policy response?

Typically, parents reply to policies directly in the online enrollment portal by interacting with a policy form. If you have a policy set to be "read only after update," then the policy is locked after the parent makes a choice and saves it. But what happens if a parent makes an error and needs to make a change? They will not be able to update the form as it is, so there are two options for them to make a change: you can either unlock the policy for that person so the parent can make it, or make the change yourself. 

To. have the parent make the change:

  1. Navigate to the student's enrollment detail record and click the "Enr. Policies" tab.
  2. Uncheck the "Locked" field for the particular enrollment policy. Click "Update." The enrollment policy is now unlocked and the parent can update their answer on the policy form. 
    • If enrollment is over and parents don't have access to the online enrollment portal anymore, the parent could also update their response in the parent portal if the policy is marked to display there. 

To make the change yourself:

  1. Navigate to the student's enrollment detail record and click the "Enr. Policies" tab.
  2. Manually update the policy response. Optionally, add a note to clarify the reason for the manual update (the note is internal only, not displayed in the portal). 
    • Tip: The interface allows you to select from all responses in all response groups, so be sure to select the response that is drawn from the response group used by that policy.

You can manually update policy responses. 

If you need to see who made the update, look at the audit log on the policy response:

  1. Click the "Open" icon (far right) to drill into the actual response to that policy.
  2. Click "Audit Log" in the top right to see who made the update. 

What security role provides access to enrollment history queries?

An enrollment history query. You can see the user updating values, so, they would need an Admissions_1 security role.

Depending on the level of access needed, either the Admissions_1 or Admissions_2 security role provide access to the query results.

  • Admissions_1 is required if the user needs to update any values in these queries
  • Admissions_2 is required if the user only needs to view the data in these queries

Why is the policy form step missing from the enrollment portal?

Typically, when a policy form step is missing from an enrollment portal, the reason is that the policy form records have not yet been created.

Policy form records are created in the nightly scripts, but to create them manually, follow these steps:

  1. Beginning from the Online Enrollment or System homepage, click on the Policy Forms query.
  2. Click on the description of the policy form you want to create records for.
  3. Click on the Action menu and run the Refresh this Policy Form procedure.

Why does the system keep marking our "Payment Received" checklist item as not required when I set it as required?

If you notice the system unchecking the 'Required' flag on the enrollment checklist item for each student (this shows in the audit log of the checklist item), this is because the deposit catalog items are not payable online.

To confirm whether or not the deposit catalog items are payable online, follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Online Enrollment homepage and to the 'Amounts' query.
  2. Search for the 'Is Payable Online?' field in the query design.
  3. Make sure the catalog items with the fee type of Tuition Deposit has this field checked like this:

Why are the enrollment checklist items for a student missing?

If enrollment checklist itms for a student are missing, you can manually add them. To do this, navigate to  Online Enrollment homepage and click on the action menu. There are two procedures to choose from depending on the situation:

  •  Refresh Current School Year Enrollment Checklist Items — student is enrolling mid-year
  •  Refresh Next School Year Enrollment Checklist Items — student is enrolling for the next school year

A re-enrolling student has the enrollment type of "New Enrollment". How can I adjust this?

To change whether a student has the enrollment type of "New Enrollment" and "Re-Enrollment", perform the following steps:

  1.  Navigate to Online Enrollment homepage and click the action menu.
  2. Run the 'Update Person Enrollment Type' procedure.
  3.  If this does not fix the issue, please submit a ticket through the Support Portal.

Why are the override amounts missing from enrollment detail screen?

If the override amounts are missing from an enrollment detail screen, it is likely that the "Is portal open" button is set to NO. To display the override amounts, this must be toggled to YES. This button is found on general tab on the enrollment detail screen. To access this detail screen:

  1. Beginning from the person record, click on the Enrollment tab.
  2. Click in the "View Detail" link for the coorrect school year.
  3. The "Is Portal Open" field is on the General tab at the bottom of the left column.

If the above does not fix the issue, submit a ticket through the client support portal.

How can we create enrollment checklist items for students who enrolled after we ran the Start Re-Enrollment procedure?

To create enrollment checklist items for students who enrolled after the "Start Re-Enrollment" procedure was run at your school, perform the following steps:

  1. Beginning from a Find Students query navigate to the student record you want to add enrollment checklist itmes for.
  2. Once on the student record, click on the Enr Checklist tab.
  3. On the top half of that screen, change the Enrollment Year from this year to next year.
  4. Increment the Grade Level field (which indicates Grade Applying For) forward by one grade level.
  5. After both fields have been adjusted, click Update. You should immediately see next year’s enrollment checklist items populate on the bottom half of the screen.

Can an enrollment deposit be split into multiple payments?

In some cases the enrollment deposit may exceed a maximum limit on a credit card. Unfortunately, the enrollment deposit cannot be split into multiple payments. In this situation, the payer needs to contact their credit card company or bank and:

  • request that they accept the charge
  • raise the max limit to allow for the transaction to process
  • seek an alternate method of payment