Student policies can be used in a variety of contexts, typically during the online enrollment period, but they're only useful if you know where to find them! You can locate student policies in the following locations:
Student Enrollment Record
Online Enrollment Homepage
Emergency Profile Document
If configured, school policies are displayed on the emergency profile document. To display policies on that document:
- The policy must have the “Display on Document” field set to “Yes”
- The emergency profile document must have the “School Policies” section enabled (Documents homepage > Configured Documents section > Emergency Profile Document > Parameters tab > Set “Show ‘School Policies’ Section” value to “1"
You may also find the following articles helpful:
There are three enrollment statuses that are prepended with the letters "RNA"; this stands for "Received No Application". These enrollment statuses are typically applied when a future student is moved forward to the enrollment stage without sufficient admissions data. The three RNA enrollment statuses are:
- RNA: No Application Submitted — no application record is present.
- RNA: Pending Admissions Decision — the admission decision is set as "Pending".
- RNA: Application Withdrawn/Denied — an application record is present, but the admission decision is "Denied" or "Application Withdrawn".
In most situations, an RNA enrollment status signifies a data integrity issue that likely steps from issues during data migration. If you have a number of RNA enrollment statuses, please reach out to your Implementation or Account Manager for next steps.
When you accept an admission candidate, their application is locked automatically by the system, preventing accidental changes. If the situation arises where you need to update an accepted candidate's Grade Applying For (GAF) field, you need to first unlock the application record, make the update, then relock it. Note that if an application is locked, you cannot update the GAF directly on the person record. Here's what to do:
- Navigate to the "Other" tab of the application record and set the "Locked" field to "No" and click "Update."
- You can run a Find Applications query on the Admissions homepage, or click the "Application" link on the candidate detail screen to get the application.
- On the "General" tab of the application record, update the Grade Applying For field and click "Update."
- The overnight script will update the accepted candidate's Grade Level field on their enrollment record to match the new Grade Applying For field on the application.
- Lock the application again: Go back to the "Other" tab of the application record, update the "Locked" field to "Yes," and click "Update."
Often, there are instances where a Candidate will be given a specific Grade Applying For value on their Application when the candidate is 'Accepted' and the school/family decides that this Grade Applying For/Grade Level is not appropriate after they have decided to accept the candidate.
To try and correct the Grade Applying For on the Application and the Grade Level on the Enrollment Record from being mismatched, the overnight script changes the Grade Level on the Enrollment Record to match the value of the Grade Applying For on the application with a matching year value.
The proper course of action is to unlock the completed Application and change the Grade Applying For value on the record and also on the general tab. This changes the Grade Level on the Enrollment Record and keep the Grade Level from changing in the overnight procedure.
Note: In some cases, a school will have a customized Application that has been designed to not display the Locked field on the Other tab of the Application, or potentially the field is not shown on any tab on the Application Record. In order to change the Locked value, in this case, the Application ID can be used in the Find Application query on the Admission Homepage and the Locked field can be added to the criterion in the query. The Locked value can then be changed from within the query results.
When an enrollment contract was initially configured to have all signatures required and now only one signature is required after one parent already signed the contract, the only way to correct this is to run the "Reset Contract Data" procedure from the action menu of the Enrollment Detail Screen.
If you do not want to ask the parents to sign the contract again, you can manually mark the Contract checklist item complete but the "Contract Status" field will still be set to "In-Progress" and the student will still appear in the "Contracts Awaiting Signatures" query.
The "contract complete" email can be set to get sent when an enrollment contract is completed. If it is not getting sent:
- Check the Online Enrollment Config record for newly enrolling families
- Check the Online Re-Enrollment Config record for re-enrolling families.
On the Online Enrollment Config Record, make sure the Contract Complete Email field is associated with the correct system email template. In this case, it would be New_Enrollment_Contract_Complete. For the Re-Enrollment config record, it will be Re_Enrollment_Contract_Complete.
Occasionally, you may need to modify enrollment amounts for a potential student, however, it cannot immediately be modified on the Enrollment Detail record. The reason why you are not able to modify the enrollment override amounts is because they are associated with person charge items that have been posted to the general ledger on the accounting side of Veracross. To modify the enrollment amounts, you first have to run the "Remove Link to Person Charge Item" procedure from the action menu on the Enrollment Detail Screen.
Override amounts on enrollment records are used to override dollar values on contracts, e.g., to manually knock off $5,000 from a particular student's tuition. If override amounts are missing from an enrollment record, check to see if the "Is portal open" field on the General tab is set to "Yes."
The Override Amounts will show on the Override Amounts tab will show if the following conditions are met:
- If the Enrollment Year value on the Enrollment Record is one year greater than the Current School Year parameter value
if the Enrollment Year is equal to the Current School Year parameter and the month is within the range of (June through October) and the Is Portal Open field is set to 'Yes'.
If these conditions are not met the Override Amounts will not populate on the Override Amounts.
If a parent logs into the enrollment portal and cannot see the contract amendment, check to confirm that the parent was the signer of the original contract. Only parents that sign the enrollment contract can sign the contract amendment.
It can be helpful to add additional school-specific withdraw reasons to meet your school's specialized workflows. Your current list of withdraw reasons can be found by clicking the Withdraw Reasons query on the System homepage. From this query, you can configure the sort order of your withdraw reasons list, as well as which withdraw reasons are available for online selection.
To add a new withdraw reason, perform the following steps:
- From the System homepage click on the +Add menu at the top right and select Withdraw Reasons.
- In the window that appears, enter:
- an ID number (you can view the ID numbers already in use in the Withdraw Reasons query)
- a description
- an abbreviation
- a sort key
- Click the green 'Add Withdraw Reason' button.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
When you are managing enrollment for newly accepted students, it is important to note that the following fields are displayed on the "Enr Checklist" tab of the candidate detail screen, but they are really drawing from information on the application:
|Field on the "Enr Checklist" Tab of the Candidate Record||Corresponding Field on the Application Record|
|Grade Level||Grade Applying For|
|Resident Status||Resident Status Applying For|
|Student Group||Student Group|
|Campus||Campus Applying For|
When applicants are accepted, their applications are locked, meaning that the values cannot be updated. So if you want to update any of the above fields, you need to do so on the application record, which you first need to unlock. If you update any of the above values on the candidate record without unlocking the application, the overnight scripts will revert the change.
To update the Grade Level, Resident Status, Student Group, or Campus of an accepted student:
- Navigate to their application record. You can run a "Find Applications" query, or click the "View Details" link in the Application section of the General tab of their candidate record.
- On the "Other" tab of the application record, set the "Locked" field to "No" and click "Update."
- Return to the General tab and update whichever field you need to, then click "Update."
- Return to the "Other" tab of the application record, set the "Locked" field to "Yes" and click "Update."
The reason why you are not able to modify the enrollment override amounts is because they are associated with person charge items that have been posted to the GL. In order to modify the enrollment amounts:
- Run the "Remove Link to Person Charge Item" procedure from the Action menu (lightning bolt) of the Enrollment Detail Screen.
- Your enrollment and business offices should coordinate to ensure the enrollment amounts on the contract match the amounts posted to the AR Invoice.
If a filtering group is applied to an enrollment amount, and we change that filtering group year-over-year, does that impact historical student billing charges?
Changing the Filtering Group will not impact any charges that have already been created. Charges are created based on a set of criteria and, once created, are not afected by any subsequent changes to those criteria.
To add a new ORE or OE Checklist Item navigate to the Online Enrollment homepage and on the top right hand side you will see the "+ Add" drop-down. Select Enrollment Checklist and then populate the record with the applicable data/configuration.
How does the 'Start Re-Enrollment' procedure affect the students' current grade level and school year?
The Start Re-Enrollment procedure will move the Grade Applying For and the Year Applying For values forward, but it will not affect the current grade level or school year listed for the students.
To learn more about starting re-enrollment for students, view this article here.
Charge items are created once the final parent has signed the Enrollment contract. The act of pressing sign creates the charge items that will now be available in the Student Billing Module.
To add a link to a policy you can use the built in URL field on the policy itself to put a link which will then add a button to the policy for this link.
Additionally, if you want to add multiple links to the policy, the “description” field allows you to use HTML to define a hyperlink in the text of the policy. You can use the following format:
<a href="url">link text</a>
You’ll want to add your link where it says “url”, but keep the quotations. Additionally, where it says “link text” — this is what will display for users to click on, such as “Click here”. For example to get to Veracross’s website, you could put:
<a href="https://www.veracross.com/">Click Here!</a>