As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
The Donor Profile document provides development officers and administrators the ability to view and print an overview of a donor’s commonly-used development information:
- Basic biographical, contact, education, and family data
- Person and development roles, development profile codes, recent communication dates and gift amounts
- Related students, alumni, applicants, faculty/staff, and board members
- Participation in the active campaign, as well as giving history
- Wealth Engine data (if configured)
- List of events and communications
Printed and On-screen Uses
The Donor Profile document is useful both on-screen and as a printed document. Click “Print to PDF” at the top of the screen to create a PDF which can be printed. The form serves several potential uses:
- Printing physical copies and/or creating PDFs for development officers to use when contacting donors
- Using as an on-screen reference to view donor profile information, including the ability to click to certain detail screens (e.g., to a Google map)
Note that links in the document are preserved in the printed PDF for use on-screen.
The following security roles are configured to be able to access this document from within Axiom: development_1, development_2, and solicitor. Sysadmin access is required to configure.
Accessing the Donor Profile
Links to the internal and external versions of the Donor Profile are available in several places in Axiom:
- Person Detail Screen: Development tab.
- Household Detail Screen: Giving History tab. Includes separate links for Head of Household and Spouse.
- Giving History Detail Screen: Run a “Find Giving History” query on the Development homepage. Links to Donor Profile for Head of Household and Spouse are available in their respective sections in the “General” tab.
- Axiom Query: It is possible to pull the Head of Household or Spouse Donor Profile link into an Axiom query. This makes it possible to quickly launch into any person’s donor profile, or even use URL preview.
The data displayed are pulled from the Development and Person details, and are updated there. To configure the document, in Axiom navigate to the Documents homepage, then click “Donor Profile Document” in the “Configured Documents” area. All sections that can be switched on or off are listed. To switch a section off, set the “Default Value” to 0 and click “Update” .
Note that all sections can be switched on or off independently in the internal and external versions of the Donor Profile .
Switch on the option “Hide Monetary Values on external version of Donor Profile” in instances where the external document may be provided to someone who needs to see what campaigns a donor has been involved in, but does not need to know how much was given.
Most sections of the Donor Profile may be switched on and off. The system will automatically hide non-relevant information, e.g., social media icons if no account is listed for the donor. The only persistent section is the basic contact information in the upper left, including communication alerts.
All other sections may be switched on or off:
- Donor Overview
- Related Applicants
- Active Campaign
- Giving History
- Wealth Engine
- Events and Communication
Internal and External Versions
There are internal and external versions of the Donor Profile, allowing for two versions of the document to exist simultaneously for different purposes. Schools may choose to configure the external version, for instance, to include fewer sections, and make it available to volunteers soliciting donations, whereas they may configure the internal version to include all/more sections, and make it available to development officers. Note also the option to hide monetary values in the external document.
Each section of the document pulls information mostly from the person and development details. Information is not updated from the Emergency Profile itself.
Listed on the left sidebar, starting at the top are:
- Contact Info and Flags. The only section that cannot be switched off, this contains email, phone numbers, social media links (will not display if empty), and any of the three “Do not” flags for mail, call, and solicit, if applicable.
- Employment. Lists current and previous employers.
- Education. Lists all education.
- Household. Gives home address, as well as a clickable link to a Google map. The link is preserved in the “Print to PDF” version.
- Spouse. Provides name and employer of spouse
- Children. Gives names of all children, whether or not they are related to the school.
- Organizations. Lists any organizations with which the person is involved (but not employed), e.g., foundations they are involved in or boards they serve on.
This section lists person and development roles, as well as development profile codes. It also gives an overview of recent review/communication dates, notes, and the names of the schools’ manager(s) and solicitor(s).
Related Students, Alumni, Applicants, Faculty/Staff, & Board Members
This section lists any family members who are related to the school, along with their roles, activities, and other pertinent information depending on their role. For instance, grade and homeroom advisor are listed for current students, and graduation year is listed for former students and alumni/ae.
This section shows the donor’s involvement in the active campaign (configured as a system parameter).
This section gives the donor’s full giving history, including relevant groups and categories. The bar graph gives a visual indicator of how much has been given relative to the target and also to previous years. The target will display as a black bar, and the green displays what was actually given.
If this third-party tool is configured, it will display Wealth Engine data. Read more about the Wealth Engine integration here.
Events and Communication
This displays all events and communication broken down by fiscal year. Navigate to the details by clicking on the description links.