As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
In the event that a Development Office receives a notification from the Donor that they wants to transfer their gift (or part of their gift) to a different fund these are the steps to take. This is specific to the school using the Accounting Development features and where this Donation has already been posted to the GL.
- Navigate to the Donation Record in Veracross Accounting
- Click on the Adj/Stock Sale Tab. This is where you will be able to make an adjustment that will reflect both on the Development side (reports) and the Accounting side (GL) .
- Populate the Adjustment Date, enter in any date as long as the fiscal period is still open.
- Adjustment Type: Transfer
- to Fund: (to move it to the original Fund to the new Fund )
- Transfer Amount: can be a partial amount or full amount
- Press Update. With this update, the system will create two new adjusting donation records, one is to remove the money from the first fund (negative amount) and the second donation adjustment will be to move the money to the new fund (positive amount)
- View the Adjustments on the Adjustments Tab of that Donation Record
- Assign a Batch ID to both Adjustments, this will be used as criteria when posting
- Mark them Ready to Post
- Navigate to the Post Pledges/Donations to post the adjustments.
- Processing Option: Donation Adjustment
- Posting Date: the date you want this posted to
- Batch ID : enter the Batch ID assigned to the Donation Adjustments
- Click Add Post Development
- Results Tab will give you a link to the new JE