The document layouts architecture allows you more control of your documents than ever before. Each document built on document layouts provides Axiom users with a robust set of parameters used to configure a variety of settings for the document.
Documents with layouts can be found on the Documents homepage in the "Configured Documents" section.
NOTE: Not all documents listed under "Configured Documents" are built on document layouts. As of 6/1/20, there are two documents built on document layouts: the Application Summary document (Admission Portal 3 schools) and the school-configurable US Transcript document.
The Document With Layouts Record
The document with layouts record is the header record that contains all of the layouts associated with a specific document.
- The name of the document being viewed (will typically be predefined).
- The notes field for the document. Used to contain internal notes/workflow guidance about the document and its layouts.
- The "Add Record..." button is used to add a new layout record.
- The layouts for the document are listed in the nested query and can be accessed via the Name links.
The Document Layout Record
The document layout record is a specific set of parameter values. Multiple layouts of the same document can be configured, each representing a set of parameter values for a specific use-case.
- The general information about the document layout record is displayed in the upper-left.
- "Document" is the document with layouts record this layout belongs to (note the pop-out link).
- "Name" is the internal name designation for this layout; can be edited at any time.
- "Access Name" is the unique identifier used for routing behind the scenes; cannot be edited after insert.
- "Is Default" is used to indicate which layout record is considered the default version of the document.
- The document layout record provides a link to the document browse interface for this specific document layout in the header.
- All parameters available for configuration are listed in the query nested at the bottom of the page. Parameters are organized into categories (subtotal headers).
- The "search results..." bar can be used to quickly filter the parameters list.