As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
This article pertains to Development 3.
The My Opportunities homepage is a homepage with a shared workspace that is designed to be the dashboard that displays all opportunities that are the user’s responsibility and is mainly used by Major Gift Officers. This dashboard provides everything that you should need to carry out your responsibilities as a solicitor, as well as providing you with the tools needed to perform additional research on related campaign configuration.
In this article, when a constituent is referred to as “your constituent”, that means that you are assigned as their Staff Solicitor.
This section allows you to quickly access relevent information you would need to provide you with a quick overview of your tasks.
- My Constituents List shows constituents where you are set as either the Staff Solicitor or the Manager
- Campaign Opportunities shows opportunities for your constituents for the active comprehensive campaign
- Annual Fund Opportunities shows opportunities for your constituents for the active annual fund
- Campaign Pipeline is a pipeline report that shows information about your opportunities in the active comprehensive campaign
- AF Pipeline is a pipeline report that shows information about your opportunities in the active annual fund
- Campaign Giving Chart is a chart that shows total giving vs. the target amount in the active comprehensive campaign for your constituents
Moves Management & Recent Activity
This section helps you manage actions and tasks that are your responsibility and reports on your workflow trends.
- Open Activity: Last Week & This Week shows actions and tasks with a date ranging from the beginning of last week to the end of the current week which are assigned to you and have a status of Pending or In-Progress
- Activity Calendar shows entity events, pledges, donations and pledge installments for your constituents
- Overdue & Incomplete shows your actions with a development event status of upcoming or overdue
- Next 14 Days shows your actions with a date between now and the last day of the following week
- Recent Gifts shows gifts made by your constituents before today
- Action Overview shows your activities relating to your constituents’ opportunities, focusing on previous and next actions
- Activity Log shows activity on constituents in which you are designated as either the staff solicitor, volunteer solicitor, or manager
- Add Action, Task, or Note allows you to add development actions, tasks or notes
This section contains queries and reports on what you, as a solicitor, should need to access to perform your job.
Constituents are the record for the entity (household or organization) that has the potential to give the school money; these links show you constituents and related records.
|Find Constituents||shows you all constituents|
|Find Leadership Constituents||shows you constituents who have a leadership prospect status|
|Find People||shows you person records|
|Find Households||shows you household records|
|Find Organizations||shows you organization records|
|Find Groups||shows you group category records, which can be drilled down to group records — useful for emailing|
|Find Constituents: Current Parents||shows constituents with a child currently enrolled|
Opportunities are records that track the entire process and progress of soliciting a specific constituent and represents the relationship between a constituent and a fundraising activity. The Find Opportunities query shows you all opportunities associated with general campaigns, annual funds, or comprehensive campaigns. Additionally, this section has several pipeline reports which show information about your opportunities in the active comprehensive campaign:
- Status and Move Management shows opportunities for your constituents with a focus on moves management
- Primary Dev Rating shows your opportunities for your constituents with a focus on opportunity phases
- Segment shows your opportunities for your constituents and focuses on different opportunity phases while grouping by segment
- Forecast shows a forecast of total giving for the comprehensive campaign based on last year’s giving
This section lets you quickly query on the different types of gifts.
- Find Gifts shows gifts for the active campaign
- Find Donations shows all donations
- Find Pledges shows all pledges
|View Constituent Configured Rating Values||view and access constituents with an emphasis on rating values — contains unconfigured rating function fields by default|
|View Constituent Screening Values||view and access constituents with an emphasis on screening values — contains unconfigured screening value function fields by default|
|View Constituent Opportunity Amounts||view and access constituents with an emphasis on opportunities — contains unconfigured opportunity function fields by default|
|Constituent Annual Fund - Last 3 Years||view constituents with an emphasis toward giving for the last three annual funds|
An action is an external contituent-related event that is typically used with the goal of making progress on an objective related to that constituent. It is similar to an individual event, with a few notable differences: the ability to schedule follow-up tasks directly from the record, the ability to track the communication channel, and the ability to modify and track the Type. A task is an internal constituent-related activity that is typically used for tracking follow-up responsibilities after an Action record has been completed.
This section has queries that show all Actions, Tasks and Notes while also having the ability to add each of these record types with their corresponding "+Add" link. Additionally, it has an Event Calendar that shows entity events for constituents in which you are designated as either the staff solicitor or the manager and an Action/Task Overview report that shows actions and tasks for your constituents in the active comprehensive campaign for which you are designated as Solicitor 1.
This section contains summary reports on your progress with your constituents Activity Weekly Summary and Activity Monthly Summary reports that total your activity with your constituents on a weekly or monthly basis, as well as a Constituent Activity Timeline report that shows a timeline of your activities with your constituents on a day-by-day basis.