As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
This article pertains to Development 3.
The Comprehensive Campaign homepage is a homepage with a shared workspace that is designed to act as the main dashboard for all matters relating to the active comprehensive campaign and is intended to be used mainly by the Advancement Director. From here, a dashboard-level view is displayed with the abilty to view helpful reports, relevent queries, and charts. All components highlighted below, unless stated otherwise, should be assumed to relate to the active comprehensive campaign.
Annual Fund Homepage
The Annual Fund homepage is a homepage with a shared workspace that is designed to act as the main dashboard for all matters relating to the active annual fund and is intended to be used mainly by the Annual Fund Director. From here, a dashboard-level view is displayed with the abilty to view helpful reports, relevent queries, and charts. All components highlighted below, unless stated otherwise, should be assumed to relate to the active annual fund.
The Annual Fund homepage is almost functionally identical to the Comprehensive Campaign homepage, except the reports are related to the active annual fund, rather than the comprehensive campaign. Links that only appear in one or the other are noted below.
Year-Over-Year Total Giving
- Year-Over-Year Total Giving is a chart designed to compare the performance of the active annual fund with the performance of the annual funds in the two previous years on a week-by-week basis
- this section contains detailed reports on giving to the active annual fund categorized by development classification. It also has a report for LYBUNTs and First-Time Donors.
The Overview section is a dashboard-level view designed to convey important information to development office employees at a glance.
|Grand Totals||view total giving vs. total amount received in chart format|
|Objective Summary||view objectives associated with campaign|
|Active Campaign||access the active comprehensive campaign record|
|Annual Funds||view and access associated annual funds|
|General Campaigns||view and access associated general campaigns|
Access and adjust queries, records and reports relating to the active comprehensive campaign.
Constituents are the record for the entity (household or organization) that has the potential to give the school money. Several queries are available to search for people, households, organizations, and groups. These links directly relate to constituents in the context of the comprehensive campaign:
|Find Constituent||view and access constituents|
|Find Leadership Constituents||view and access constituents with leadership prospect statuses; set the status on the constituent record|
|View Constituent Configured Rating Values||view and access constituents with an emphasis on rating values — contains unconfigured rating function fields by default|
|View Constituent Screening Values||view and access constituents with an emphasis on screening values — contains unconfigured screening value function fields by default|
|View Constituent Opportunity Amounts||view and access constituents with an emphasis on opportunities — contains unconfigured opportunity function fields by default|
|Constituent Annual Fund - Last 3 Years||view constituents with am emphasis toward constituent giving toward the last three annual funds|
Opportunities are records that track the intersection of a constituent record with a fundraising activity record and track the entire process and progress of soliciting a specific constituent. Use the Find Opportunities query to view all opportunities associated with general campaigns, annual funds, or comprehensive campaigns. Use the Recent Status Changes query to find any changes made to opportunity phases on constituent logs within the past two weeks.
Additionally, this section has several reports designed to show the progression of opportunities with this comprehensive campaign. These are:
- Pyramid Levels shows giving levels and illustrates opportunities in the various stages for each level
- Primary Development Rating shows primary ratings and illustrates opportunities in the various stages for each rating
- Segments shows different segments and illustrates and breaks down the different opportunities in the various stages for each segment
- Status & Moves Management shows stages of the solicitation process
- Giving Progress (by Rating) is a chart that shows total giving and target amounts of primary development ratings
- Pyramid Level Progress (Amounts) is a chart that shows total giving and the target amounts for tiered giving levels
- Pyramid Level Progress (# Donors) is a chart that shows participation and participation targets for tiered giving levels
An action is an external constituent-related event that is typically used with the goal of making progress on an objective related to that constituent. It is similar to an individual event, with a few notable differences: the ability to schedule follow-up tasks directly from the record, the ability to track the communication channel, and the ability to modify and track the Type. A task is an internal constituent-related activity that is typically used for tracking follow-up responsibilities after an Action record has been completed.
This section has queries that show all Actions, Tasks and Notes while also having the ability to add each of these record types with their corresponding "+Add" link. Additionally, click the Event Calendar link to show a calendar view of all donor activity within 90 days of today.
Solicitor Group 1 and Solicitor Group 2
Staff solicitors and volunteer solicitors are solicitors that are attached to a fundraising activity — in this case, the comprehensive campaign. These sections offer pipeline reports to display the duties solicitors undertake.
- Solicitor 1/2 Overview shows all opportunities, target amounts, total giving and other useful information grouped by solicitor 1 and solicitor 2
- Giving Level Overview shows all opportunities, target amounts, total giving and other useful information grouped by active pyramid level for each solicitor
- Action Activity shows all actions taken by each of the solicitors
- Action/Task Overview shows all actions and tasks and what stages they are in for each solicitor
- Giving Progress is a chart that shows the total giving and target amount for all constituents, broken down by constituents’ solicitors
- Board Member Pipeline shows all opportunities, target amounts, total giving and other useful information grouped by solicitors that are trustees, former trustees, future trustees, or trustee emeritus
This section lets you quickly query on the different types of gifts.
- Find Gifts shows gifts for the active campaign
- Find Donations shows all donations
- Find Pledges shows all pledges
- Recent Gifts shows all gifts in descending gift date order
This section shows all fundraising activities associated with the active comprehensive campaign. Add new fundraising activities by clicking on the corresponding +Add link, if available. Active Pyramid Configuration is a chart that shows the configured giving levels for the active comprehensive campaign.
Find Group Events shows all Group Events with a start date of on or after the calendar reference date. New group events can be created by using the +Add a Group Event link.
Activity Weekly Summary shows all donor activity sorted by the week start date.
Weekly Giving compares the target amount with the cumulative total giving and highlights which are donations.