The Head-of-Household (HoH) is set on constituent records when the constituent record is created — Alumni, Staff/Faculty, and Trustees are assigned as the Person (or Head of Household) upon record generation. If none of these roles apply to either household member, the household HoH is assigned as the Person.
If the Person and Spouse are incorrectly listed, use the Swap Person and Spouse process from the Action menu to switch them.
Giving Categories are set up on fundraising activity records. These giving categories allow schools to calculate giving levels at different increments for their capital initiatives and/or annual funds. To set up a giving category, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Fundraising Activity record via the Find Fundraising Activity query on the Development homepage.
- Click on the Giving Categories tab in the column on the left.
- Click the Add Record... button to add a new Giving Category for this fundraising activity.
- Populate the Description, Status, and Primary Dev Role fields and then click Update.
Why aren't the changes I made on the General tab of my Development 3.0 Summary Report reflected in the results?
Anytime you make changes to a summary report using Development 3.0, you then must run the Refresh Develpment Summary Report procedure from the Action menu of the record. Currently, these reports are not refreshed nightly, so waiting for the overnight scripts to run will not be sufficient.
Yes! The merge functionality works exactly the same for Constituent records as Person records. We have two default queries that you can use on the Development: Configuration homepage:
- Duplicate Constituents shows duplicates for constituents based on individuals and households
- Duplicate Organization Constituents shows duplicates for constituents based on organizations
Alternately, you can build your own query from a Find Constituents query and follow the steps outlined in the "Query Design" section of this documentation article.
Why would two people be listed in the same Constituent record when they are in different Household records?
This situation occurs in Development 3 because of the relationship between the two people. The system combines records into the same Constituent record, regardless of having different Household records, when the relationship between the two individuals is one of the following:
Summary reports are used to create reports based on development classifications to analyze giving, counts, participation, and other metrics. To add a new Summary Report in Development 3.0, perform the following steps:
- From the Development homepage, click on the All Development Summary Reports query. This query lists all of your existing Summary Reports.
- To add a new one from here, click on the organize button (+), which is next to the action button (the lightning bolt), and click "Add Record..."
- From here, fill in the necessary information: specifically, the description and classification type, and when done hit the green "Add Development Summary Report" button and you're all set! You should then see this new report show on the list with the others.
The gift solicitation process has many moving parts; in order to understand it, it is important to understand the various roles people play in this process:
- the Primary Solicitor (or Solicitor 1) is the primary person responsible for contacting the donor for solicitations throughout the gift solicitation process.
- the Secondary Solicitor (or Solicitor 2) is someone that may need to be kept informed about the donor’s progress or works with the donor indirectly (e.g. head of school).
Because Veracross only allows you to have one active annual fund campaign/fundraising activity enabled at a time, you need to temporarily set your current Annual Fund to inactive and the previous Annual Fund to active. To do this:
- Navigate to this query and adjust the values in the Status column and clicking Update Records.
- Once you make the adjustments to the fundraising activity, you can select and update the correct Annual Fund in the gift record.
- After you make the gift record adjustment, update the fundraising activities again in this query to the original configuration.
Depending on your school's workflows, you may wish to add new payment categories. To add new payment categories, perform the following steps:
- Beginning from the Development Configuration homepage, click on the Gift Payment Categories query.
- In the query results, select Add Record from the Organize menu (+ sign) to open up a blank Payment Category record.
- Enter a Description and then click Add Gift Payment Category to save your changes and create the record.
- Once you have multiple records created, you can use the Sort Key value to set the display order in the dropdown menu.
The Primary Development Role listed on a constituent record is directly tied to the Development Role listed in the active campaign opportunity.
Development Roles are related to the Development Classification assigned to each constituent and is assigned based on the sort key/hierarchy. For example, if a person is classified as a Parent and a Board Member, they are assigned the Board Development role. The Primary Development Role cannot be changed, but the Development Role can be adjusted as needed.
If someone’s relationship with the school changes during the year, to ensure that the correct Primary Development Role is applied:
- Update all active campaign opportunity records with the new Development Role.
- Once the overnight scripts run, their Primary Development Role should update to reflect the new classification.
This issue is typically due to there being one or more duplicate constituent records, which is indicated in the # Duplicate Constituents field on the General tab of the Constituent record.
Click the pop-out arrow on this field to open the Duplicate Constituent query which allows you to merge records as needed per this documentation.
Once the duplicate records are merged, the giving history is populated for the surviving record.
The system refers to the relationship type displayed on the Related People tab of individual person records and will only separate the constituent records if this is set to "Ex-Wife" or "Ex-Husband." If the individuals have a marital status of "Separated" on the General tab and have their own household records but their Relationship Type is "Wife," "Husband," or "Spouse" the system will not separate the constituent record.
Lifetime Giving can be configured according what information you would like to view (e.g. include/exclude donations, soft credits, pledges, etc.).
The Lifetime Giving detail record can be accessed from the link located in the General column on the Development Configuration homepage or from here.
Lifetime Donations is a non-configurable calculated field that only displays the total donations and non-household soft credits for the constituent.