As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Welcome to the documentation for Development 3.0. Here, you can find all updates related to Development 3.0, as well as articles exploring the various aspects of this functionality. We recommend that you start with the article titled "Development 3.0 Overview".
- How is the HoH determined when creating constituent records in Dev 3.0?
- Where do I set up giving categories in Dev3?
- Why aren't the changes I made on the General tab of my Development 3.0 Summary Report reflected in the results?
- Can I merge Constituent records just like Person records?
- Why would two people be listed in the same Constituent record when they are in different Household records?
- How can I add a new Summary Report in Development 3.0?
- What are the different solicitors for?
- How can I update a gift to change the fundraising activity for a previous fiscal year?
- How can I add new Gift Payment categories?
- How do you change the Primary Development Role in Dev 3.0?
- Why is the giving history not populating on constituent records?
- Why do constituent records display both individuals if they are separated?
- What is the difference between Lifetime Giving and Lifetime Donations on a constituent record?
- Jan 9, 2020: Updates to the My Opportunities Homepage
- Jan 6, 2020: Several Development 3 Updates
- Dec 23, 2019: Pipeline Report Fields Updated
- Dec 16, 2019: Add an Ad Hoc Solicitor
- Dec 5, 2019: Giving Amount Calculations on Opportunity Records
- Dec 4, 2019: Adding Mail Merge Headers
- Oct 28, 2019: Improvements to Solicitor Functionality
- Oct 30, 2019: Improvements to "Do Not Solicit" Functionality
- Jan 28, 2020: Dev3 Updates
- Feb 6, 2020: Removing the Focus on Objectives From the Annual Fund Hompepage
- Feb 7, 2020: Changes to Target Amounts Now Cascade Correctly
- Feb 14, 2020: Adding Tasks to Queries
- Mar 6, 2020: New Classifications Tab on Opportunity Records
- May 6, 2020: New Summary Reports for Development 3
- May 13, 2020: Minor Development 3.0 Updates
- May 18, 2020: Gift Entry Updates
- June 1, 2020: "From Both" Field is Back on Gifts
- June 11, 2020: New Tab on Annual Fund Detail and a New Section on Constituent Detail
- June 22, 2020: Donations Tab Added to Constituent Records
- July 29, 2020: New Tab for Historical Opportunities to Constituent Records
- Nov 6, 2020: New Queries For Emailing Constituents
- Update: New Notes Tab on Opportunity Records
- Dec 2, 2020: Several Dev 3 Updates
- Dec 10, 2020: Fundraising Activity Solicitor updates
- Jan 07, 2021: Development 3.0 Updates
- Jan 21, 2021: Development 3.0 Updates
- Jan 26, 2021: Giving Status field update
- Feb 11, 2021: Duplicate Constituent Giving Totals update
- Feb 11, 2021: Giving Status Updates
- Feb 22, 2021: Lifetime Giving Updates
- March 30, 2021: New Gift Date Function Field
- March 30, 2021: Constituent's Household Update
- March 30, 2021: Adding Calculated Field for Total Donations
- March 30, 2021: Objectives Report on the Comprehensive Campaign Homepage Updated
- April 2, 2021: New Gift Type Option for the Constituent Filtered Giving Function Field
- May 13, 2021: New "Numeric Screening Value (Most Recent)" Function Field
Development 3.0 Overview
Development 3.0 is a new iteration of the Development module which redefines many key features in the Veracross Development world; most notably a comprehensive campaign stucture, overhauled giving history, moves management, and record re-definition.
Development 3.0 Homepages Overview
Each of these homepages is designed with a certain employee in the Development/Advancement office in mind and have been streamlined to suit these employees’ needs.
Development: Comprehensive Campaign and Annual Fund Homepages
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. Overview The Comprehensive Campaign homepage is a homepage with a shared workspace that is designed to act as the main dashboard for all matters relating to the active compre...
Development: Configuration Homepage
The Development: Configuration homepage is a homepage with a shared workspace where the systems, records, and data is configured and added into the system that allow the Development module to function as intended.
Development: My Opportunities Homepage
The My Opportunities homepage is a homepage with a shared workspace that is designed to be the dashboard that displays all opportunities that are the user’s responsibility and is mainly used by Major Gift Officers.
A fundraising activity record is a record designed for tracking and recording any sort of activity that is working toward a goal. There are several different types of fundraising activities that people in a Development office should acquire an understanding for in order to grasp the hierarchy of fundraising efforts for a school.
Moves Management can be controlled almost entirely from the My Opportunities homepage and can by boiled down to two different options — actions and tasks — for external and internal events, respectively.
Objectives are the way an advancement office can define specific and measurable goals for various fundraising activities. These are created and stored on the Objectives tab on each fundraising activity detail screen and can be accessed through the Objective Summary report
An Opportunity is an snapshot of a Fundraising Activity for a Constituent.
Rating, Scoring, and Screenings
Rating and Scoring are methods that are built into the Development system that track a constituent’s likelihood and capacity to give at a measurable, granular level, while also enabling the ability to track and report on changes to these values over time.
The Household Constituent Record
This article details how to set up your own household constituent records and provides technical documentation the record type.
The Organization Constituent Record
This article details how to set up your own organization constituent records and provides technical documentation the record type.
Associating General Campaigns with Comprehensive Campaigns
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. Overview General Campaigns — used for raising money for a specific purpose outside of an operating budget — are often associated with an overarching Compreh...
Opportunity Import Type
The Veracross Data Importer allows schools to import and update the opportunity records between constituents and fundraising activities for schools who are using Development 3.0 functionality.
Person Screenings Import Type
The Veracross Data Importer allows you to import screening information into Axiom for reporting use.
Development 3 Webinars
This article serves as a landing page for series of webinars about the new Development 3.0 functionality hosted by Jillian.