Step 1 of the AR Invoice Cycle
- On the Accounts Receivable or Student Billing homepage, click on the Create Charge Items link under the Charge/AR Processing section.
- Select Option Code 1: Create Charge Items
- Specify an Item Date. This represents the date that charges will be assessed to the students.
- Specify School Year. This represents the school year to which the charges apply.
- Select Catalog Item. This represents the actual nature of the charge. The amount and description of the charges created will be derived from this catalog item.
- Specify any additional criteria that will uniquely identify the students for whom charges should be created.
- Toggle No Duplicate Charges? flag to “Yes” if you want to prevent the automatic creation of charges for students who already have a charge for the same designated catalog item and date.
- Click Add Create Charge Items.
To confirm/validate that the new charges were successfully created for the correct people, run the Unposted Student Charges report. Note: you’ll likely need to specify criteria that will limit the report results to only those transactions you just created (e.g. Input Date and/or Input User as criteria).