As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through July 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
The Course Request Document is a dynamically-updated PDF — accessible via Axiom or a link in your parent portal — that shows a student’s course requests for the upcoming year. It displays a variety of information dictated by the Parameters set on the Course Request Document configuration page. Note that it does not display the specific class taught by a particular teacher. Read more about the course request process here.
The benefits of this document are:
- Course requests are visible to parents before the coming school year begins.
- If desired, the school may request that parents print out, sign, and return the course requests. There is no electronic signature option.
- Schools may choose to show only the general courses a student has requested and been enrolled in. This would allow students and parents to buy books without knowing which particular section or teacher they are signed up for.
Accessing the Course Request Document
The Course Request Document can be accessed in the following ways:
- Click on the Course Requests link to the document browser in the Course Request section of the Documents homepage
- Click on the Course Requests link in the Configured Documents section of the Documents homepage to get to the configuration section of this document
- Access the document through the Parent Portal by clicking on the Course Requests portal link (submit a ticket on our client portal to have this portal link enabled)
Course Request Document Parameters
If you use the course request document, access the parameters by navigating to the Documents homepage, and then clicking on the Course Requests link in the Configured Documents section. Once there, click on the Parameters tab to display a list of parameters used for configuring the Course Request Document. Reach out to your Account Manager if you do not see these links displayed.
There are three types of parameters:
- Display: Enter 1 or 0 to show or hide the section, respectively
- Label: The actual column label that displays on the course document; only relevant if the column display is set to 1
- Type: enter a value from the options listed in the “Notes” field; for example, the “Priority Column: Type” can be set to either “abbreviation” (e.g., “1st”) or “description” (e.g., “First”)
This is the default Course Request Document configuration:
This is an example of the Course Request Document displaying more than the default configuration:
This is an example of the Course Request Document displaying all available options: