As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through March 31, 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Each re-enrollment contract represents a parent/guardian’s agreement to pay an itemized list of charges associated with next year’s enrollment. These charges and credits (or just charges for short) fall into the following categories:
- Tuition: can be specific to grade level ranges, student groups, campuses, residency statuses, or any system group.
- Payment Plan Fees: fees associated with particular payment plans (such as Tuition Refund Insurance).
- Compulsory Fees: fees a family may be required to pay based on grade level, campus, student group, any system group, or a combination of these things.
- Optional Fees: fees associated with optional services a school makes available to parents during ORE (such as graduation fees, book fees, uniform fees, etc).
- Late Fees: fees added to other fees when contract submission is late.
- Tuition Discounts: non-financial aid tuition discounts applied to any group of students.
Most contracts also include a line item for Tuition Deposit, which is an initial payment of the tuition charge, to be made at the end of the ORE process.
Veracross ORE supports Override amounts for one-off requiring different charge amounts for a specific student relative to the charges they incur via generic amounts setup. Override amounts are configured on the Person Enrollment detail, on the Override Amounts tab. Use the input grid within this tab to manage and add overrides for any of the charge types (Catalog Items) applied to the student. Please contact your Account Manager if there is any uncertainty about which catalog item to choose when setting up a new override.
Charge Items and Charge Date
The Create Charge Items flag, located on the “Fee Types” query in the left column of the Online Enrollment homepage, will toggle whether or not individual charge items are created for that specific fee type when processing or creating charges for Online Enrollment or Re-Enrollment. When creating charge items in OE/ORE and the enrollment year is not the current school year, the Charge Date field, which can be pulled into any Catalog Item query, will automatically be set as the date of the charge item. If the charge date field is left blank or the charge item is created in the current school year, this will default to the current date.
These charges constitute the most important aspect of the legal agreement at the heart of ORE, so it is important that charge listing is correct on every single signed contract.
Here are the three most important components to getting ORE amounts configured perfectly.
1. Start Early
According to our ORE project calendar guidelines, schools need to begin working with their Account Manager and, if necessary, a Veracross accounting specialist at least five weeks before the launch date. This early work revolves around defining and then configuring your school’s distinct charge types.
2. Enter override amounts as soon as possible
Be careful not to accidentally delete the override amounts during test cleanup
Once the Veracross team configures your charge items and you have tested them against various student profiles (see below), you will need to begin entering any override amounts as soon as possible. The goal is to have all amounts set and tested for every student at least two weeks before launch.
3. Test Thoroughly
The “Review Enrollment Amounts” document browse page enables you to scan any number of students’ calculated amounts (just as they will appear on their contract) quickly and easily, without having to navigate to the Amounts tab on the Enrollment details screen.
Access this browse page via the ORE home page > Launch Prep > Review Enrollment Amounts.
Thorough testing follows the following steps:
- Identify each unique student profile represented by each of your configured amounts
- Create a testing checklist, one item for each unique profile
- Use the Review Enrollment Amounts link to find students matching each profile identified in step 2; exclude students with overrides
- Confirm amounts are all correct, profile by profile
- Identify students with overrides, and confirm override amounts using the Review Enrollment Amounts browse page