Files uploaded via the admission portal likely have a default file security that restricts viewing to those with admissions security roles, so teachers would not be able to view the documents even if you sent a link to them. If you have files uploaded in the admission portal that you want teachers to have access to, here is a suggested workflow:
First, update the file classification of the new files coming in via the admission portal.
- Add a new file classification on the System homepage with the security you want, e.g., that includes faculty security roles.
- Head to the admission checklist item associated with the file upload and update the file classification to your new security you just configured.
- If you have existing files you’d like converted to the new classification, submit a ticket in our support portal; you cannot update file security on existing files.
Second, consider how you would share the files with your teachers. One easy way is to publish a query in the teacher portal. To do this:
- Create a “Find Files” query that displays the files you want. Tip: subtotal and sort by student if displaying multiple files for students.
- Save the query to a workspace and note the query ID.
- Head to the “Published Queries” tab of the teacher portal and add a new record for the new query you just created, supplying the query ID.
- Add a button/icon/notification link in the teacher portal to the query you just published. Optional: if you want to filter the display of the button to a particular group of teachers, use a notification link because that’s the only component that supports filtering.
Finally, if you have a backlog of files that you want to change the security settings on, e.g., to update to the new file classification you just added, submit a ticket to our support portal. You are not able to change the file classification of existing files.