As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
The Business section of our documentation covers everything in our business and accounting module.
Accounts Payable FAQ (3)
- Accounts Payable (AP) Overview
- Adding and Updating AP Vendors
- AP Invoice Adjustments
- AP Invoice Batch Scheduling
- AP Invoice Manual Scheduling
- Cancelling an AP Invoice Item
- Correcting AP Invoice Item Amounts
- Creating AP Invoices from a Purchase Order
- Creating Recurring AP Invoices
- Credit Memos
- Entering and Editing AP Invoices
- Entering a One-Time AP Vendor
- Entering Prepaid AP Invoice Items
- How to Enter an AP Invoice
- Accounts Payable Workflow - Decision Tree
- How to Enter an AP Vendor
- AP - The Void Matrix
- How to Post an AP Invoice
- Issuing Multiple Checks to the Same Vendor
- Merging Duplicate Vendors
- Posting Invoices
- Preparing and Printing 1099 Forms
- Printing & Posting AP Payments
- Printing & Posting Vendor Checks
- Refunding an AP Invoice with a Credit Unpaid Amount
- Scheduling Vendor Invoice Payments
- Step-by-Step AP Invoice Cycle
- Step-by-Step AP Payment Cycle
- Correcting AP Invoice GL Accounts
- Transferring Prepaid AP Invoice Items in Batch
- Transferring Prepaid AP Invoice Items Manually
- Un-Scheduling AP Payments in Batch
- Un-Scheduling AP Payments Manually
- Voiding an Unissued AP Check
- Voiding AP Checks
- Enter a Payment for AP Made Outside of Veracross
- Processing Positive Pay and ACH Files
- Cancel an AP Invoice Header
- How to Add an AP Invoice for a One-Time Vendor
- Can I create an asset from the AP Invoice?
- Paying a Credit Card Statement before Receipts have been Received
- Processing AP Invoices with HST/GST Tax
AR FAQ (5)
- Accounts Receivable (AR) Overview
- Portal Invoices 2.0 Overview
- The Accounts Receivable Invoice Cycle
- Adding Student Charges to AR Invoices in Batch
- Applying Charge Items to Invoices
- AR Invoice Items
- AR Invoice Processing
- Cancelling AR Invoice Items
- Cancelling AR Invoices
- Charge Item Processing
- Creating AR Invoices in Batch
- Creating Catalog Categories
- Creating Catalog Items
- Creating Charge Items in Batch
- Creating Charges from an Event
- Creating Finance Charges
- Creating Student Charges in Batch
- Maintaining Student and Household Data
- Marking Charge Items as "Ready for Invoice"
- Marking Charges "Ready to Invoice" in Batch
- Posting AR Invoices
- Posting AR Invoices and Items
- Catalog Item Listing
- Removing Offsetting AR Items
- Running AR Aging Reports
- Setting Up the "My Invoices" Link
- Splitting Charge Items into Installments (Manually & Batch)
- Splitting Student Charges in Batch
- Writing Off an AR Item
- How to process a Withdraw with Student Billing
- Configuring Split Charge Items
- Transfer balances to next School Year Invoice
- Composer for Student Based Invoicing
- Composer for Household Based Invoicing
- Non-Resident Payer Billing
- What does the 'Reference Number' column represent on the Import Template for Purchase requisition?
- How can I record a forfeit deposit in Veracross?
- Can one applied payment/receipt be moved to another AR Item on the same Invoice?
- How can I hide the Invoice from the parent on the Parent Portal?
- Student Billing Module Journal Entry Flow
- The School-Configurable "AR Invoice" Document
General Ledger FAQs (11)
Financial Statements (15)
- Assigning a Profit & Loss (P&L) Closing Account
- Closing an Accounting Year End
- Creating a Recurring Journal Entry
- Generating GL Detail Reports
- I posted quite a few AR Invoice Items to the wrong GL Account, how can I update the GL account on the Journal Entry?
- Should the Tuition Deposit Catalog Item and the Tuition Catalog Item reflect the same GL Account?
Guide for Business Offices during COVID-19
Circumstances may arise where your parents may ask for changes to their invoice and payment schedule. It is important to have a plan for what your Business Office will offer and how to process each case. Veracross Student Billing has a number of workflows that can help you manage these changes and updates.
Managing the Fiscal Year (Business Office Tasks and Timeline)
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. Overview There are many administrative and accounting tasks that need to be performed in Veracross at different times of the year and can be roughly broken down by season. Thi...
Billing Portal Configuration
The Billing Portal is an option for VC Pay Tuition Management schools to collect online invoice payments from individuals who are not parents. The ability for non-parents to make partial or full electronic payments manually on tuition or non-tuition invoices is located on a separate billing portal that can be accessed by individuals such as former parents, grandparents, administrative assistants and organization representatives.
Online Enrollment Integration with Student Billing Support Workflows
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. Overview The Online Enrollment Module integrates with the Student Billing module in many ways. This integration is evident during common support scenarios requiring commun...