Braintree Custom Fields
Custom fields allow you to capture specific, additional information about customer purchases. Pass-thru custom fields are configured in the control panel and they can only be used to pass data via the API. Veracross supports a limited number of custom fields from the checkout receipt header.
Veracross-Supported Custom Braintree Fields
Braintree - School Configuration
Custom fields in Braintree can only be configured directly in the control panel by users with the add/edit processing options role permission.
To create a custom field in Braintree:
- Log into the Braintree Control Panel.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Click Processing from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the Transactions section.
- Next to Custom Fields, click the Options link.
- Click the Add link located on the right side of the page.
- Enter a custom field API name to pass with your code.
- Custom field API names are limited to the Veracross supported custom Braintree fields
- Custom field API names must match available API names supported by Veracross
- Enter a display name.
- This is what will appear in your transaction history and Vault records.
- Under the Options section, select either Store and Pass Back or Pass Thru.
- Click the Add Custom Field button.
Please see additional Braintree Custom Fields information here.
Once the custom fields are created in Braintree, create a support request to Veracross to enable to optional fields.