As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Braintree Custom Fields
Custom fields allow you to capture specific, additional information about customer purchases. Pass-thru custom fields are configured in the control panel and they can only be used to pass data via the API. Veracross supports a limited number of custom fields from the checkout receipt header.
Veracross-Supported Custom Braintree Fields
Braintree - School Configuration
Custom fields in Braintree can only be configured directly in the control panel by users with the add/edit processing options role permission.
To create a custom field in Braintree:
- Log into the Braintree Control Panel.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Click Processing from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the Transactions section.
- Next to Custom Fields, click the Options link.
- Click the Add link located on the right side of the page.
- Enter a custom field API name to pass with your code.
- Custom field API names are limited to the Veracross supported custom Braintree fields
- Custom field API names must match available API names supported by Veracross
- Enter a display name.
- This is what will appear in your transaction history and Vault records.
- Under the Options section, select either Store and Pass Back or Pass Thru.
- Click the Add Custom Field button.
Please see additional Braintree Custom Fields information here.
Once the custom fields are created in Braintree, create a support request to Veracross to enable to optional fields.